Search the forum,

Discuss Sizing a cylinder for 9 bathrooms in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

H

H/W cylinder size

Sizing an indirect H/W cylinder.

What size of H/W cylinder would I need for a property with 9 bathrooms?

Need more spec

To start with, have you got enough water? Flow?

I’d be putting in storage linked with a low loss header plate heat exchanger to help high demand spikes. The phe will transfer the heat quicker than cylinder coils. How much heat power have you got?

I quite like these acv tank in tank (rather than coil) cylinders. Good reheat times, the160L (not stored capacity due to tank in tank), can transfer about 30kw.

I fitted 2 of these, plus a plate heat exchanger for peak times, to a converted block of 15 studio flats, all with showers. They’re connected to a low loss header and 2 x 64kw boilers.

1D9D6F7E-D30E-494B-B130-A8E662EE0009.jpeg
FD3C27F0-3B1E-4C2C-BC27-2412E7B0F507.jpeg
A4A2D032-DE0A-47FA-B018-7BABF53385D5.jpeg

For interest Timmy, can you give details of the PHE with ( if available) the primary/secondary flowrates&temperatures and surface area.

Need more info as mentioned above:
What type of property
How many occupants/users
When and how they might be used
Mains supply details (pressures, flow)
Is this for 'bathrooms' or are they shower rooms. i.e. does each have a bath.

For interest Timmy, can you give details of the PHE with ( if available) the primary/secondary flowrates&temperatures and surface area.

I use UK Exchangers ltd. I’ve fitted both brazed and gasket without issue.

I usually call them and talk through require temps/flow rate and they spec it for me there and then.

They got a good selection on the shelf and make as needed. I needed a 1m high phe in an emergency and they had it in stock. Sent the apprentice to go get it and had it fitted and buildings water back up and running same day.

Here’s some info.

Reply to Sizing a cylinder for 9 bathrooms in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi There was no shut off valve on the tank feed to the hot water cylinder, and I needed to move a couple of hot water pipes, so I shut off the mains water, turned boiler off (Remeha avanta) and opened the hot kitchen tap to drain the cylinder. After doing the work etc, Everything up and...
Replies
Views
I need to change my shower mixer and I have a unvented hot water cylinder. Is it sufficient to turn off the mains? Do I need to drain the cylinder? Thanks
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied from cold water tanks in the loft. It is a vented system. However, in a basement flat and a ground floor flat cold water supply to bathrooms is...
Replies
Views
T
Hi We urgently need to get our h/w cylinder replaced because it's leaking. Our current system is oil boiler feeding underfloor downstairs, radiators upstairs and an unvented hot water cylinder for hot water. We are thinking of moving to a heat pump at some point but aren't ready to do this. My...
Replies
Views
Hi all. This ‘valve’ is at the bottom of our domestic hot water cylinder. Anyone have any idea what it is please? It must’ve been there for many years and seems to be leaking.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock