Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Size of radiator bleed screw thread in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LeakyNick

Hi

What size thread is the radiator female thread that the bleed screw (or the blanking plate on the opposite side of the rad) fits into???

Thanks

Leaky

as John states it is 1/2" but in plumbing its known as 1/2" b.s.p british standard pipe:)regards turnpin

Thanks Turnpin. That's an interesting point actually about something I've always wanted to know....what does the 1/2" refer to? OK....it's BSP but I can;t see how that relates to the thread.

Cheers

I thought that BSP simply referred to the fact that there is a standard thread for BSP pipes.

Thanks Turnpin. That's an interesting point actually about something I've always wanted to know....what does the 1/2" refer to? OK....it's BSP but I can;t see how that relates to the thread.

Cheers
1/2" refers to the internal bore that passes through the thread. as is for 1/4" & 3/8" ect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Size of radiator bleed screw thread in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning all. I hope this is the correct place for this post. If not i'll happily move it to another forum area. I am renovating a property and...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm after some help regarding my Father in laws heating system. He has had a local engineer around but hasn't had a fix and is very remote so...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock