Discuss Saniflo type systems, are there jobs plumbers don't do. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turned out to be an electrical switch anyway which a plumber wouldn't have been able to sort out

Do you mean a switch on the unit or where it's plugged in. I thought the things were plugged in to the wall or wired in to a fused switch box. All the workings were mechanical as it's a pump and so there were no switches on the units.

Do you mean a switch on the unit or where it's plugged in. I thought the things were plugged in to the wall or wired in to a fused switch box. All the workings were mechanical as it's a pump and so there were no switches on the units.

i'm sure theres some kind of flow switch in it, how else ould it know to start the pump when you flush the toilet;)

I used to work on a rented property which had one of these. It packed up 3 times in 3 years. It all overflowed and came through the ceiling, it was worse than being at a music festival. Causes were kitchen towel, another one was a pin caught in the mechanism and the third one someone had failed to turn the bath tap off properly in a hurry and it burnt the motor out. Just goes to show no matter how careful you are they can still pack up

Id never install one or recommend one. If you cant get the pipework in then leave it alone i say.

My english not too good, what I meant was;
All the workings would be mechanical as it's a pump and so there would be no switches on the units.

They don't go into specifics on the adverts, but I assumed that when you flushed the toilet, these things where they can be out of the way, were activated from the cistern. Where the flush was connected to something be it a switch or whatever so the box could be behind something and hidden.

There is a float switch inside the unit that turns pump motor on and of, it is near the bottom and covered with a light rubber shoe around it

The hardest part of the job is getting the lid back on, I used to repair them, good little earners, have a friend who does them, just takes faulty unit out and fits reconditioned and cleans out and repairs in work shop (shed at end of garden :)),if you have the room easy to repair and clean out but you never have the room, always in some tiny utility room or shower room
They used to be good units but like anything the build quality has gone down. in rented accommodation nightmare as tenants do not care what they but down them
Found a little toy figure in one once, washed it off of most of the the boo and tampons and put on my tool bag, little kid came in and took it, tried taking it off him but he screamed and screamed, mum came in and said leave him it will be ok
When I left he was chewing something, not sure what....builds up the immune system, so when he gets big, he to will be able to get stuck into cleaning out macerators’ !!

Forewarned is forearmed, if they ever come up I'll think carefully about it, thanks.

Saniflows are manky jobs:eek:

I have had experience with them as an apprentice and was lucky enough to have to take one apart once to change a faulty microswitch..............:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Saniflo type systems, are there jobs plumbers don't do. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock