Discuss Replacement boiler for 4 bed house with bathroom and ensuite in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I'm hoping to get some advice about what type and size of boiler to get to replace current boiler.

Property was built around 2000.

Currently have a magflo cylinder upstairs and an ideal classic boiler in the garage. One bathroom (with one thermostatic shower and bath), one ensuite with one thermostatic shower and 13 radiators.

Should I go for a replacement systems or heat only boiler as recommended by the plumber s who've quoted? What are the adv and disadv of both for this type of property? What size boiler should I get as i have been quoted for 18 and 24/28/30?

Is it worth getting a combi? What's the best place to place it as being quoted almost a grand to replace in garage. Have no utility room and don't want it in the kitchen. Could it be placed upstairs where the cylinder currently is?

Many thanks as it's an expensive replacement and want to get it right as getting conflicting advice.

Last edited:
Get a few more quotes, if the system worked well and no other components need renewing just replace like for like and keep in garage. Moving it elsewhere would surely cost more wouldn't it, no need for a combi.

Last edited:

Reply to Replacement boiler for 4 bed house with bathroom and ensuite in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I seek some advice on replacing an existing regular boiler. I currently have an old Potterton 10-16 Netaheat electronic, which is around 35...
Replies
Views
Hello, bit of a noob question but would someone be able to help me to understand the pipes coming off our boiler. It's a Grant oil combi boiler...
Replies
Views
PLUMBING ADVICE NEEDED Combi boiler in our house, downstairs water seems to be piping hot. Upstairs basin, bath and shower only ever seems to...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just a query about what size in KW gas combi boiler do I need for a top floor flat (3rd floor). I have a Vokera Easi heat plus...
Replies
Views
Hi Guy's, Looking for some advice on an issue I have having with a recently installed thermostatic mixer shower in my ensuite. Everything was...
Replies
Views
Back