Search the forum,

Discuss Replacement boiler for 4 bed house with bathroom and ensuite in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I'm hoping to get some advice about what type and size of boiler to get to replace current boiler.

Property was built around 2000.

Currently have a magflo cylinder upstairs and an ideal classic boiler in the garage. One bathroom (with one thermostatic shower and bath), one ensuite with one thermostatic shower and 13 radiators.

Should I go for a replacement systems or heat only boiler as recommended by the plumber s who've quoted? What are the adv and disadv of both for this type of property? What size boiler should I get as i have been quoted for 18 and 24/28/30?

Is it worth getting a combi? What's the best place to place it as being quoted almost a grand to replace in garage. Have no utility room and don't want it in the kitchen. Could it be placed upstairs where the cylinder currently is?

Many thanks as it's an expensive replacement and want to get it right as getting conflicting advice.

Last edited:
Get a few more quotes, if the system worked well and no other components need renewing just replace like for like and keep in garage. Moving it elsewhere would surely cost more wouldn't it, no need for a combi.

Last edited:

Reply to Replacement boiler for 4 bed house with bathroom and ensuite in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock