Discuss Relocation of Soil Pipe Challange in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mmmadman

Hi all.......

I am trying to fathom out how to move my bathroom soilpipe. I have attached a picture for clarity.
My house is a detached house with a very steep roof angle and the bathroom is a small dormer. In the corner of the bathroom was a boxed in area behind the toiltet. I have removed the toilet and the boxing in, in view of making the bathroom bigger. As you can see the soil pipe comes up (from the downstairs wc) and goes straight out of the flat dormer roof. The bathroom wc along with bath & sink wastes is piped into the soilpipe. The soilpipe must remain in the same postion from the floor to the downstairs wc, I want to position the new bathroom wc against the wall.
So my options/theories are:
1. Move the soilpipe across into the roof space where the hole is in the wall (there is plenty of room due to the roof pitch) and have a venting cap, this would be ideal as I could then remove the whole upright section and fill the hole in the dormer flat roof.
2. Move the soil pipe and connections into the corner of the room under the floor and run the soilpipe up the corner (boxed & tiled in at an angle) and have the wc fitted at and angle to make a feature of it. Return the soilpipe in the roof space to its existing position, out of the dormer flat roof.

I hope this makes sense?

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated, many thanks in anticipation.

Cheers......................:)

Attachments

• Soil Pipe 001.jpg
    Soil Pipe 001.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 56
No suggestions yet then, I was thinking it was a bit of a tricky one.........:confused:

;)Yea that's a twikky one,

was asking,,does the basin waste connect to the same stak in the bathroom,or go through the wall to the drain outside?
As there are two types of waste actually three, but in this case one for gutter and water waste, and one's for soil waste. Well must say it looks a tricky one or start pole a pole dance.. But yea you could really do with getting away with it...WOW.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Lift the floor and cut the pipe level with the ceiling below. Fit a 90 below the floor and take pipe to the coomb space with a 45 and a 90 to run above joists. Refit your bosses and new branch for WC and run the pipe to the side then up and back out the roof at a suitable position. Use a tile/slate vent if it would look better. Pull out the old vent and patch the dormer roof.

Lift the floor and cut the pipe level with the ceiling below. Fit a 90 below the floor and take pipe to the coomb space with a 45 and a 90 to run above joists. Refit your bosses and new branch for WC and run the pipe to the side then up and back out the roof at a suitable position. Use a tile/slate vent if it would look better. Pull out the old vent and patch the dormer roof.

Thanks for the advice Tamz

I will take up the floor this weekend and suss it out, watch this space for a progress report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Relocation of Soil Pipe Challange in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock