Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss quick pump question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

djboyd

Hi, a really quick one........

I need to replace my central heating pump - should i go for a 15-50 or a 15-60? I know it refers to 5m or 6m head but does this mean the amount of head I actually have to the header tank or the amount of oomf the pump will deliver?

Thanks

Oomph - most pumps (where I read the front) tend to be 15-60, if that's any help.

Without getting technical ...oomf.

Put on the same as you have. Take your pick. Unless you have an old lightweight boiler that needs a high circulation through the boiler, keep the pump speed down.

Hmm, the pump is about 20 years old and not a grundfos - no mention of capacity. Is is not broken, but since i am adding rads and i run a back boiler off a coal fire too (so lots of heat) I want to change it before it breaks. I need one that'll cope with 13 rads.

Thank you, the forum is an excellent source of all things plumbing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to quick pump question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented...
Replies
Views
L
Hey everyone, I'll keep it short. Had our old system boiler replaced with a new Ideal system boiler set up. Then the problems began. First...
Replies
Views
Hello, I wonder is I could ask for some advice please. I have just replaced and only gravity fed boiler with a new Baxi heat only boiler. The...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock