Search the forum,

Discuss Two pumps on heating system. Imbalance? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello, I wonder is I could ask for some advice please.
I have just replaced and only gravity fed boiler with a new Baxi heat only boiler.
The system is two pipe and has 17 rads in a long old house. The system is 22mm copper except the last 5 rads which are 15mm. (I know this should be no more than 3 but changing isn‘t easy)
The system has 2 circulating pumps, and is now a Y plan system.
one pump is in the airing cupboard close to the HWC and the second close at the end of the 22mm but before the last 5 rads.
The pump in the airing cupboard has been changed to a Grundfos UPS3 and the second remains the same.
Both come on and off at the same time.
I now have a problem where the far part of the system heats up quickly and the nearest part to the new pump is very slow. I have balanced the system and the far 5 rads are almost closed on the lockshields. Only when their TRVs close do the other rads heat up well.
my question is should I switch off the second pump / or remove completely.
My concern is the second pump is pulling all of the flow from the first part of the system, does this sound about right?

Is it open vent or sealed ?

Ideally you want to use a 25-80 pump but chances are your going to pump over back into the tank so might need to seal the system

Yes and no need to remove it completely

Reply to Two pumps on heating system. Imbalance? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock