Discuss Quarter turn whb mixer tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

officersmess

I have recently refurbished an upstairs bathroom installing a single hole mixer tap with 12mm tails. The mains cold is OK but the domestic hot flow is pathetic compared with what it was with a pair of traditional taps. Is the problem the 12mm tails or the fact that the "quarter turn" design is restricting the flow?

Bill

check for debris in tap, if ok then its the design of the tap, can you throttle back cold so you have equal flow, dont know what else to suggest apart from a pump imo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Quarter turn whb mixer tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have just replaced the old bathroom basin mono mixer taps, 2 tap heads, standard compression valve type, to a modern mono mixer single lever...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Brand new to this forum so please be kind! Recently taken in a project to redo my ensuite and have thoroughly enjoyed the process of...
Replies
Views
I have an Albion indirect mainsflow thermal store installed in July 2011 with a 120 litre capacity. I live in a block of communal council flats...
Replies
Views
Hello - and thank you in advance for your help on this one. We have a Salamander Homeboost pump fitted to the mains supply to our flat. We have...
Replies
Views
Hello, We have a pretty standard gravity fed system. Two cold water and one expansion tank in the loft and vented cylinder in the airing board...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock