Search the forum,

Discuss Quarter turn whb mixer tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

officersmess

I have recently refurbished an upstairs bathroom installing a single hole mixer tap with 12mm tails. The mains cold is OK but the domestic hot flow is pathetic compared with what it was with a pair of traditional taps. Is the problem the 12mm tails or the fact that the "quarter turn" design is restricting the flow?

Bill

check for debris in tap, if ok then its the design of the tap, can you throttle back cold so you have equal flow, dont know what else to suggest apart from a pump imo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Quarter turn whb mixer tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have just replaced the old bathroom basin mono mixer taps, 2 tap heads, standard compression valve type, to a modern mono mixer single lever type. For some reason the hot water running on the new single lever mono mixer tap is slow flowing compared to the old ones. The cold water running...
Replies
Views
My mother has been away on holiday for a few weeks and she has a kitchen mixer tap that has a very slow drip nothing significant - been like that for a couple of years. The mixer has a a long spout that can be rotated between sink and drain bowl. She left the house meticulously clean. I came to...
Replies
Views
L
We are renovating our upstairs bathrooms and there is an issue with shutting off the new mixer fittings - all six of them. The matter is holding up progress though it seems no one knows what to do. We built our home about 28 years ago. The only mixer we installed was in the kitchen, all the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I recently had a Hansgrohe wall mounted single lever basin tap and a Hansgrohe thermostatic concealed bath/shower valve installed (full bathroom renovation). The basin tap started dripping a few days after installation. But it stops dripping only when shower is turned on. Any...
Replies
Views
Okay so I went and purchased this nice Grohe Bau Curve Kitchen Mono Mixer Tap and I knew it came with 6mm bore flexi tails which was fine because I thought I'll just change them with 8mm bore flexi tails that I purchased at the same time. When I tried to undo the preinstalled flexi tails from...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock