Search the forum,

Discuss Can't Change Flexi Tails Grohe Bau Kitchen Mono Mixer Tap in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Okay so I went and purchased this nice Grohe Bau Curve Kitchen Mono Mixer Tap and I knew it came with 6mm bore flexi tails which was fine because I thought I'll just change them with 8mm bore flexi tails that I purchased at the same time.

When I tried to undo the preinstalled flexi tails from the tap I noticed they would turn like forever and not come out and then I assume they are not meant to which is a silly idea in my opinion and it means that the hot flow from it is poor because I have a gravity fed system.

Apart from that I like the tap and I wondered if there was a way I could modify it to take the 8mm bore flexi tail on the hot side.

Has anyone got any ideas about this?

Even with 8mm tails your hot water will still be poor as it’s been designed for a high pressure system eg mains sorry but only option is either live with it / change the tap or upgrade your system

No no no just take or send it back from where you purchased it it's a high pressure tap any alterations you make will damage the tap and any warranty will be void . Kop

No no no just take or send it back from where you purchased it it's a high pressure tap any alterations you make will damage the tap and any warranty will be void . Kop
I decided to change the tap in the end with a cheaper kitchen mixer tap which came with bigger bore flexi tails, it's much better and I'm satisfied with that. I could have gone for a pump but then the cost would mount up just to have more pressure on the other on the tap I'm now going to return!

Reply to Can't Change Flexi Tails Grohe Bau Kitchen Mono Mixer Tap in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock