Discuss Plumbing problem driving me mad! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Muushy

The problem i have is that when i turn on my mains tap on the kitchen sink it makes a very loud humming noise and squeaking upstairs on the toilet cold feed directly above the kitchen so i would imagine that the toilet cold feed is teed into the mains pipe coming into the building and also teeing off for the kitchen sink. I have a combination boiler which is a FERROLI MODENA 102 if this helps and also there have recently been roadworks outside my house on the water mains so might this have affected the pressure? as i have noticed an increase in water pressure coming from the kitchen tap. This loud vibrating humming noise is even louder when turning on the tap first thing in the morning. Please can someone help me out.

Providing the result of the noise is due to the increase of mains pressure, you may be able to check this with the water authority. You fit a pressure reducing valve and limit the pressure coming into the house. First, you'd need to know what pressure is coming in. You can test this yourself with a pressure gauge.

If you have a combi,persume all out lets on mains,does in make sound when opening any other taps/flushing w/c,if not then replace washer on kitchen tap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumbing problem driving me mad! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back