Discuss Pipes rising up under floor boards? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JohnW

Last week I switched our Central Heating back on for a few hours during a cold evening. This was the first time the heating had been on in months as we had stopped using it in the spring. The next day there was a long mound in the carpets near the radiators. I suspect the pipes leading to or from the radiators have risen up for some reason. We have a Worcester Greenstar Gas Fired Condensing Combination Boiler. The Gauge on the front of the boiler is reading zero. The radiators worked normally and heated up all over from the bottom to top of the radiators. The hot water works normally. What do I need to do?

Thanks in advance.

Water must have gone somewhere for the pressure to drop unless its a faulty gauge but that doesnt explain the carpet rising

if you did bleed your rads then pressure will go down and you have to top it up , when system is cold to just over 1 bar

buy the missus a vacuum so she stops sweeping the dirt under the carpet, if the boiler is working ok as you say, then the gauge is knackered, needs replacing idc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pipes rising up under floor boards? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have decided to remove the timber floor boards and joists as they are effected by damp and rotting. Was hoping to infill and have slab and...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi, Sorry if question already answered in previous posts, but I can't find a solution to the below: We recently moved house to a new home that...
Replies
Views
Some advice needed please re a 3 year old combi gas boiler. The hot water works but no heating. A gas engineer was already booked to do the annual...
Replies
Views
The Water Board have just replaced the main water supply to our property. We have a ground floor combi boiler. The central heating system for the...
Replies
Views
Back