Search the forum,

Discuss LEAK UNDER FLOOR. BOILER ON ALL THE TIME AND WHAT IS PART IN PHOTOS? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Some advice needed please re a 3 year old combi gas boiler. The hot water works but no heating. A gas engineer was already booked to do the annual safety check before the fault developed. He said the boiler is ok with no fault. He said there must be a leak under the floor boards causing hot water to escape and that is why the boiler is contiually running as it thinks a hot tap is open. I have 2 questions please..
1. If there is an underfloor leak shouldn't the boiler pressure guage be dropping? but it is not..it is constant at 1.5 to 2 bar.
2. The engineer left this part behind after he did the safety check (see photo). Is it part of the boiler?..i have pictured it from both sides..many thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231204-152334_AOL.jpg
    Screenshot_20231204-152334_AOL.jpg
    658 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20231204-152421_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231204-152421_Gallery.jpg
    595.5 KB · Views: 7
Can't tell what the bit is, but the underfloor leak is probably on your hot water side, not heating. Don't know why the heating is not working but the pressure gauge measures the heating system pressure. Simple way to find out is shut off the hot water outlet valve from the boiler (NOT the heating valve), if it stops then Robert is your mother's brother! :)

The part left behind looks to be a cap for the boiler flue test point.
Is the Boiler a Worcester?

Should look like this when fitted like this on the top of the boiler,

Boiler cap.PNG

Reply to LEAK UNDER FLOOR. BOILER ON ALL THE TIME AND WHAT IS PART IN PHOTOS? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock