Discuss performas 28 heat exchanger - what washers do I nered? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deedgess

heat exchanger replacement doesnt include any washers - the merchant provided a couiple of O rings, which are too big to be of any use - and i'm not convinced that o rings are what is required in any case - the exchanger that came off didn't seem to have any washers (surely must have had, since it didn't leak|!?!?!) - the replacement DOES leak without washers - no idea what to fit tho.... anyone help?

these seem to be the same 22mmX3mm O rings that the merchant provided - I can't see how / where they would fit in the connection arrangements on the heat exchanger.... (confused....)

Put the `O` rings on the pipes slide them down to the stop bit of grease , HEx pulls down onto `O` rings then spring clips hold in place.

You need 248021 x 2..Parts arena is showing the wrong part number. There is a grove about 5mm inside the heat ex pipes, Thats where the O rings sit, Put some grease or washing up liquid on the O rings when you fit it.

THanks all - ended up taking the heat exchanger back to the merchant, their system lists the wrong part number for the O rings (too big) - through trial and error, we found alternative O rings which DO sit in the grooves and now all OK (insofaras it doesn't leak like a sieve at least). Thankx to Poxi, I now know the correct part number for future reference if (god forbid) I need to replace the heat exchanger again!!!

I do now have a diferent problem, but i'll start a new thread for that little bad boy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to performas 28 heat exchanger - what washers do I nered? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I have a WorcesterBosch Greenstar 42CDi classic combi, which is providing DHW fine, but not heating. Was working fine in spring...
Replies
Views
This maybe isn't so much about asking for advice as giving it 🤔 I had a leaking HW cylinder (23 years old) that I got fed up patching up with...
Replies
Views
We have a Glowworm BBU56F (back boiler). Its well-maintained/serviced and since we’ve been in the property (15 years) only the Thermocouple was...
Replies
Views
    • Useful
Hi Was wandering if anyone can tell me if a competent boiler repair man should be able to detect a leak on an isolation valve to the boiler...
Replies
Views
Two years ago, I requested a fully qualified plumber to change the location of the hot water cylinder in a vented central heating system. I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock