Search the forum,

Discuss Oil pump on 10,000 litre tank to Potterton Avon Twos....... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bunker

Back to the Potterton questions again!
A reminder, 2 Big ol Pott Avon 2s side by side, 4 Gallon nozzle single stage burners.
Less than 20 metres away is the oil tank room with a 10,000 litre tank in it on the same level.
There is no Aga or other oil fired appliance.
Burners are both twin piped and the tank has a flow and return.
There is a small oil pump in the flow by the tank.

I cant see any reason for it being there, can anyone else? Its been making an awful humming in the kitchen for years now and Id like to simply remove it.

Any thoughts?

Thank'ee :)

IMG_4020.jpg

Is that the pump in the corner on the 2 flexi's, if so does it get pumped up and over before it gets to the boiler

Is that the pump in the corner on the 2 flexi's, if so does it get pumped up and over before it gets to the boiler
Yes but it only ascends about 4' which the burner pump ought to be able to handle PLUS as its twin piped, it'll surely be balanced anyway?

Could it be so both burners get an equal supply of oil each, rather than one with a slightly stronger pump, which would unbalance the supply. If that makes sense.

is unbalance a word?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Oil pump on 10,000 litre tank to Potterton Avon Twos....... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi and thanks in advance for any help, I went out to a breakdown today the tank had a fair bit of water in it when dipped with paste it indicated...
Replies
Views
C
Good evening all, I am a new member to the forum, I have used the site regularly for help & advice from van shelving tips to with boiler...
Replies
Views
Bunker
B
L
wonderful bits of kit, NOT. Basically a boiler and cooker on twin burners designed by rayburn, with Nuway burners on rayburns own mounting...
Replies
Views
lame plumber
L
E
I have now registered Kris and the other thread seems locked so, being a newbie have started again, hope thats OK? In answer to your last post...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
R
I have an oil fired central heating system and the boiler no longer wants to work. Boiler/Burner does not even get to the firing up stage. I can...
Replies
Views
lame plumber
L
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock