Search the forum,

Discuss no pressure to taps in en-suite in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vinny

Hi guys, got called out to a lady who just got a new en-suite bathroom fitted. since then she has not had very little pressure to the bathroom taps.

there is a combined hot water tank/header tank that is on the same floor as the bathroom with the hot feed coming from the bottom of the tank.

she said that there was pressure coming to the taps before, the only thing is the basin has a high rise monobloc tap on now.

There is no way of raising the tank/header tank

Anybody know if this would affect it, or know how to solve it. was thinking about single impeller pump, but this would probally drain the tank to quick!!

Thanks

if its a combination cylinder only option is low pressure taps.
as you say pump will drain the header tank

surpose another cowboy installer that can't recommend the right appliances for the situation.

could be that he has put the world famous bore reducing balofixes and non return valves as well? maybe his heart was in the right place but not his brains!

If the combination cylinder is on the same floor as the bathroom I find it hard to understand why she was getting good preasure before the new taps were installed.

Measure the static head from the floor to the water level in the cylinder then measure the height from the floor to the outlet of the tap.

The difference will give you an indication of the preasure available.

10m static head = 1 bar give or take so if the cylinder is on the same floor there can't be much between them.

(IS IT A COMBINATION CYLINDER):eek:

I had this in a job before - check if you can see what the original pipework was. If flexi's or isolation valves are fitted to the taps, then the internal bore could have been greatly reduced.

Because the tank has so little head, the slightest reduction to the bore of the pipe could have a dramatic effect.

Use full bore isoalting valves and replace the pipework to match the original and you should solve the problem.

thanks guys.

Found the problem as the guy had fitted 1/4 turn taps to the bath and sink, which restricted the water.

it's all good now.

Thank you

next time vinny get a plumber that knows what he's doing saves all the agro

I went to investigate a shower problem a few weeks back as there was hot water coming out of the bath taps and not the shower, took the valve apart to clean it but found no problem, only then did I take a closer look at the Hot water cylinder and realised it was a combination one - DOH!

I said they could have a shower so long as they were 2 foot tall or sat in the bath. Don't know who installed it but they were in for an ear bashing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to no pressure to taps in en-suite in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock