Discuss New scrap rules ???????????? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

bert large

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Does anyone know what the new scrap yard rules will entail, & how they will affect the likes of us, using scrapyards only occasionally.

I am led to believe I would not be able to use the scrapyard without several different licences for this, that & the other but that maybe wrong.

Anyone know the details ?

dont u just need a license to deal with the scrap ?? I think they are just looking at documenting the scrap or something

Have not changed yet but everyone is in agreement they need to,see below

BBC News - Scrap metal regulations urged to combat theft

I think things it's way out of hand,all the theft and destruction going on,scrap yards need a lot more controls ,I believe in live and let live but when I go to a scrap yard and see brand new bundles of capper pipe in scrap bins along with new aluminum tower scaffolding ,man hole covers,copper cabling turn from buildings and factories,lead obviously stripped from roofs,the list is endless and completely out of control

On about only payments into bank accounts doing away with a lot of the cash

imho

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw an article on this the other day & broke out in a sweat! The long & short is the authorities have had enough of war memorials, plaques etc being stolen & sold for scrap so they want to tighten up the rules & make people chopping in scrap more traceable. They propose showing I.D & number plate taking & instead of being paid in cash you get presented with a cheque (there goes le beer fund).

There will always be ways around it. It will just mean you get less for your scowf.

War memorials are the last straw as far as I'm concerned, you can't sink any lower.

they really are dumb stealing cable from sub-stations and cooking themselves, who are these mongs ?

There was a family centre up here, relying solely on donations that was closed down as some thoughless muppets broke in and flooded the place by stealing all the copper.

Is no metal safe, whats next train tracks? church railings? satallite dishes?

I half expect to be waiting in traffic and have a team of pikeys jump on my van and with angle grinders and have my doors off.

War memorials are the last straw as far as I'm concerned, you can't sink any lower.

I was in creepy Crawley a couple of months ago cashing in a bag of braized copper when these two guys trundles down the road with a rather weighty suitcase on wheels. I commented to my mate that they looked like a couple of 'thoroughly decent fellows' :lipsrsealed2: When they opened the suitcase it was full of lead all clearly cut from a flashing. The scrappie never batted an eyelid & paid them up & then proceeded to rant on to us about foreigners were sending this country to the dogs.

If there are any metal theives reading this (probably can't read??) then don't worry you're quite safe, the goverment are a push over and you'll be slapped on the wrist and be out and back on the church roofs the next day.

Sad but true. :frown2:

but for the rest of us, another accountable tax imo.
Totally agree, this is more to the reasoning for changes than anything else. This governments desperate to claw back every penny they feel they're missing out on...might want to start with the tax dodging super rich first :D

Totally agree, this is more to the reasoning for changes than anything else. This governments desperate to claw back every penny they feel they're missing out on...might want to start with the tax dodging super rich first :D

but the super rich can afford 10x top class lawyers while us plumbers cant even afford a decent lawyer and get done for tax evasion !

the days of independence are drawing to a close if you dont work for a multi national the dracoinian rules will kill you
were heading for the bad old days of the company store model youll work for a mutinational company have all exespensives taken from your wages at source contributions to " insurance schemes " will be compulsory for covering every eventuality youll have an account at the company store for food automatically deducted and a pension plan with the company will take care of any surplus this will obviously not ever pay out and youll have to work till you die any debt will be passed on to your ofsprings

Last edited:
the days of independence are drawing to a close if you dont work for a multi national the dracoinian rules will kill you
were heading for the bad old days of the company store model youll work for a mutinational company have all exespensives taken from your wages at source contributions to " insurance schemes " will be compulsory for covering every eventuality youll have an account at the company store for food automatically deducted and a pension plan with the company will take care of any surplus this will obviously not ever pay out and youll have to work till you die any debt will be passed on to your ofsprings

well thanks Steve,feel a lot better now,can't stop just off down the doc's to sort me rickets out !!

:saddam:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New scrap rules ???????????? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views
Context for issue: Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler shorted somehow, the boiler was then running WAY too hot and ended up...
Replies
Views
I'm a Worcester man. Hello! Anyone still there?.... I tried viessmann to up the efficiency and altho the boiler was nice, I couldn't live with...
Replies
Views
D
Hi, We moved into our house last year and our current central heating set up is: Boiler: Vokera Mynute HE system boiler Thermostats: 2x Robus...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock