Search the forum,

Discuss Central heating programmer and thermostat issues in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

D

David Fernandez

Hi,

We moved into our house last year and our current central heating set up is:

Boiler: Vokera Mynute HE system boiler

Thermostats: 2x Robus RRF10 analogue thermstats (one in hallway and one in master bedroom)

Programmer: Anaglogue Flash Immermat Timer Clock.

When we came into the house none of the radiators had TRVs on, so the first easy fix we did was install them on all but the 2 rads where the thermostats are.

Programmer issues: We want to be able to programme the schedule on a 24 hour basis i.e. a schedule for Monday, a schedule for Tuesday and so on. The current analogue timer doesn't allow us to do this. I'm also led to believe that our current timer is designed for immersion heaters rather than boilers. Tbh I'm not actually sure why this is an issue. Surely, a timer is just there to tell the boiler when to come on/off. Nevertheless, our current one isnt meeting our needs. My questions are:

1) I imagine we need a 1-channel (single channel) programmer. Is this correct?

2) Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thermostats: The thermostats are playing up a bit. We set the upstairs one lower than the downstairs one as we want to bedrooms to be cooler than the rooms downstairs. So the upstairs thermostat tends to reach its set temperature first before the downstairs one and then switch one. When it does this, if the downstairs thermostat reaches its set temperature and switches off, for some reason the downstairs radiators stay on. Its only if I go upstairs and turn the up the upstairs thermostat then the downstairs raditors switch off.

1) Anyone know why this is the case?

2) Am I better off replacing these thermostats? Any recommendations? We don't need any wifi options that you can control on your phone.

3) The Cylinder doesnt have a cylinder thermostat which I thought was odd? Is this right?

Boiler: We dont have the money now but I was tempted to hold off and replace the boiler at some point and then get everything done (boiler, cylinder, thermostats, programmer) at the same time.

Thanks in advance

The zones might have been bypassed causing the downstairs to work with the upstairs one? Thermostats can be replaced for programmable ones and you then you wouldn’t need a timer, could either set existing to permanently on and let prog stats take over or decommission the timer and let the prog stats do the work.

Sounds like you need somebody competent to assess your set up and advise on improvements .

tread carefully trying to find somebody to do this because few sparks and few GSRs really have the knowledge and experience to do this

Reply to Central heating programmer and thermostat issues in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one ....just easy to use and reliable. The fluke 115 looks good but its above my budget. My current socket and see one was great but it's developed a fault.
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock