Discuss New fireplace lining. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

newcastle phill

Hi whats your preferred board/construction for new fireplace backing.
Had a call to a job today. They had ripped the guts out a right mess.
Was asking me to intall a flueless to which i tried do disuade them strongly.

their choice, just stick in the required vent and a co alarm. then when you go back the following year, knock it off when the vent has been covered over, :)

Just knocked him back.

Hes adamant on plasterboard and said on other houses hes had 'the gas lads never needed to put a vent in wall ' (for flueless fire 100sqcm)
Rather than argue the toss i said shop elsewhere.

(Flueless fire gonna be located in builders opening - sealed off with plasterboard all round and above)
Total knob

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New fireplace lining. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

All, Belfast, Northern Ireland. I am in a bit of a predicament. I have recently had a stove fitted in a chimney that had a disconnected and...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, this might have been asked many times before, so apologies. Just moved into a new housebuild and the bathroom tiling is not good! What...
Replies
Views
Hi! Totally inexperienced DIY newbie so bear with me for descriptions! Pictures hopefully help. I’m trying to remove an unused downstairs toilet...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Not sure if it's a plumbers job or another trade but thought I'd ask. I am installing a new toilet downstairs next to an outside wall...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock