Search the forum,

Discuss New fireplace lining. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

newcastle phill

Hi whats your preferred board/construction for new fireplace backing.
Had a call to a job today. They had ripped the guts out a right mess.
Was asking me to intall a flueless to which i tried do disuade them strongly.

their choice, just stick in the required vent and a co alarm. then when you go back the following year, knock it off when the vent has been covered over, :)

Just knocked him back.

Hes adamant on plasterboard and said on other houses hes had 'the gas lads never needed to put a vent in wall ' (for flueless fire 100sqcm)
Rather than argue the toss i said shop elsewhere.

(Flueless fire gonna be located in builders opening - sealed off with plasterboard all round and above)
Total knob

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New fireplace lining. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

All, Belfast, Northern Ireland. I am in a bit of a predicament. I have recently had a stove fitted in a chimney that had a disconnected and capped gas fire. The old gas line went straight out the back wall and was visibly capped a short distance from the gas meter. A simple pull out job. Upon...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a bathroom for a regular customer. She is of old age and is starting to get a little clumsy and her son has asked me to look at the old gas fire/back...
Replies
Views
Hi all, this might have been asked many times before, so apologies. Just moved into a new housebuild and the bathroom tiling is not good! What would you say ix the largest gap to fill with silicone? It's obvious that the tiler has cust his tiles to short and it trying to hide this with...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Not sure if it's a plumbers job or another trade but thought I'd ask. I am installing a new toilet downstairs next to an outside wall. There is a 3 way inspection/access chamber about 1.5 metres outside this point which I plan on going into. It has one inlet in use from the upstairs WC...
Replies
Views
Hi, Im a homeowner and have had a new shower installed. This meant the installation of a new radiator also. However, the plumber has placed the radiator far too close to the shower. It is right next to the exit/entrace of the shower which seems unsafe as it could burn undressed people and just...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock