Search the forum,

Discuss New Boiler - Pump Questions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Hi guys,

wondered if anyone would be able to help??

We are just having a new boiler etc all fitted, Plumber is fitting a sealed system (Worcester Bosch 40CDi Condensing Boiler) with a Worcester Greensome Indirect 250 litre Unvented Cylinder PLUS a 230 Litre Water Pressure Booster. Question is that as we will have 2-3 showers and I wanted to ask if we should PUMP the Cold Water around ? As the HW will be pressurised I guess the shower pressure will be very good BUT our Cold pressure may not be that great so do we also need a Cold Water Tank (50/100 gallons ?) and should we PUMP this so that we do not get any problems with Call Off from multiple locations ?

Thanks in advance

Becky

I take it the pressure booster is only doing the hot water? Usually with unvented cylinders you have the manufacturers pressure reducing valve THEN you take off a connection for showers or stuff that needs a balanced hot/cold supply. If you've only got sinks, basins or baths where it doesn't matter if the hot and cold are different pressures then leave them on the mains as it means you don't need as big a break/booster setup.
I'd suggest running a boosted cold feed to the showers only and reckon the pressure set should be okay with that.

Please register with us to receive additional answers to your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New Boiler - Pump Questions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I recently had a renovation done. My builder installed a new Combi boiler instead of my system boiler. He connected the pipework to the digital pump. He did not inform us that we would need a new processor because we had changed to a Combi and subsequently a valve blew. Should my builders...
Replies
Views
S
Pumps and low pressure I moved the bathroom to the back the house (next room) upstairs. I put in two pumps because low pressure water area. One for shower and one for bath. They both work intermittently and I often need to get them started with a magnet! They were new pumps. In the shower the...
Replies
Views
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are about to upgrade the upstairs bathroom and are considering installing a shower bath. My concern is that although there is more than sufficient...
Replies
Views
I have just had a boiler, hot water tank and power shower pump replaced on advice by my plumber. I have two separate boilers, heat/hotwater systems in the house. This boiler was replaced by a combi boiler as it only heats the lounge and master bed and provides hot water to en-suite bathroom and...
Replies
Views
A
Hey, here goes and I hope it works.. never used one of these before! I have a Sagittarius Ergo mixer shower min bar of pressure required 1 bar. Connect to this is a 1.5 bar Ora Salamander pump for a positive head, this was connected by a plumber of course and we’ve had it all rigged up...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock