Search the forum,

Discuss Moving tanks in loft.? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tarquin

When installed the plumber knocked up a functional timber supporting structure for the water and heating tanks and stuck it right near the hatch with pipes that run across and not through the joists. This makes access problematic and storage of bulky items a bit of an obstacle course. If I move the tank 15 foot across the roof space and run new plastic pipework will this effect the water pressure in any way?

Is there any advantage in increasing the height the tank sits by a couple of feet?

Moving the tank sideways shouldn't be a problem.
You haven't said what tank it is or why the plumber installed it there. If it's an un-pumped cold feed for bathroom etc. then extra head = extra pressure. It may be nicely balanced for your hot feed at the mo, so increasing the head may mess that balance up.
A bit more info is needed I think.

it's possible that the plumber sited the tanks where he did because there is a supporting wall which helps with the weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Moving tanks in loft.? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage boiler on the ground floor. It has 100l capacity inbuilt cylinder which is delivered on mains pressure. I bought it hoping I could have two showers across floors running with hot water even if it’s a short while, while avoiding an unvented...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
I'd like to install an unvented cylinder in the loft. With limited headroom it would have to be horizontal. I want to keep my existing valiant condensing boiler. I currently have a vented set up. A couple of plumbers said this could work. Will the feed and expansion tank for the central...
Replies
Views
D
Hello. In this recent cold snap my loft has been getting condensation droplets form on the bitumen membrane. I had previously installed lap vents and minimised storage to improve air flow. The loft is well insulated apart form an area under the cold water tank. However my cold water tank is...
Replies
Views
DDangerous
D
Hi - I'm hoping someone can help with some advice. Ahead of some renovation work, we had a 50 year old old floor standing boiler in the utility room removed and a new Worcester Bosch Greenstar 24Ri wall mounted in the garage. Aside from being old, the original boiler worked perfectly. A full...
Replies
Views
Trying to add a shower into a small bathroom, I'm looking at moving my hot water cylinder to the loft. Currently, I have a vented 200L cylinder (in the bathroom) with the principal source of heat being an Economy 7 setup, which gives adequate hot water for our needs. The cylinder also has an...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock