Search the forum,

Discuss Motorised 2-Port Valve for Potable Water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

adh

I'm looking for a motorised valve for use as a remote electric stopcock. This is to be used with a whole house automation system and therefore needs to be electric - I've looked at products like Surestop.

There are many motorised valves out there but I can't find any suitable for potable water so they can be used as a stopcock (after the mechanical manual stopcock obviously).

Any recommendations?

it will need to be WRAS approvedI think but I dont know of any

I cant understand why you need this for potable water though?

Whats the application? there may be another way round

I explained above why it has to be potable and what's it's for.

It's basically an electric stopcock after the main mechanical stopcock. It therefore has to be capable of taking potable water as this water will be used for drinking as well as all other house services.

I am pretty sure you could get wras approved solenoid valve , try BSS

I've looked at a few solenoid valves but two problems with the ones I've seen. Firstly they are of the normally closed variety which means have to be electrically powered to keep them open - not ideal for this scenario. Secondly they are usually small bore whereas I need at least 22mm full bore but preferably 28mm to keep flow rates high.

I am almost certain that BSS sell a pilot operated normaly closed valve I will have a look and let you know what I find

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Motorised 2-Port Valve for Potable Water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have a Drayton 27101 - 3 port motorised valve 22mm compression Issue: when heating switches on there is no hot water, when you switch heating off you get hot water. I replaced the motor in the motorised valve, everything started to work like it should. But an hour later and the same...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi experts, i'm looking for some advice to get to the bottom of my boiler problem. The boiler is a Glowworm Ultimate 40FF so a traditional NOT combi boiler. The problem is i cant get hot water. Call for heating alone and boiler comes on and heats up the rads. Call for hot water alone and...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, our conventional oil boiler heating system has only ever heated our radiators and our hot water at the same time; we have no isolated hot water control, just a timer that does both. I'd love to be able to just heat our hot water from the boiler during the summer. I had a look in our...
Replies
Views
So, I went to this job yesterday to change over a faulty motorised valve on the hot water side of an unvented system. I drained the system, wired the new one up and fitted the new valve, this system is fed from a communal boiler in the building which might be part of the reason for the issue I...
Replies
Views
Hi again I'm on a roll with the plumbing questions today! So here's query #2... We've not used our hot water for quite some time, and it now doesn't work. From what I can gather based on what I've learnt in the last hour or two, I think the problem is with the 3 port motorised valve. When...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock