Search the forum,

Discuss Motorised 2-Port Valve for Potable Water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

adh

I'm looking for a motorised valve for use as a remote electric stopcock. This is to be used with a whole house automation system and therefore needs to be electric - I've looked at products like Surestop.

There are many motorised valves out there but I can't find any suitable for potable water so they can be used as a stopcock (after the mechanical manual stopcock obviously).

Any recommendations?

it will need to be WRAS approvedI think but I dont know of any

I cant understand why you need this for potable water though?

Whats the application? there may be another way round

I explained above why it has to be potable and what's it's for.

It's basically an electric stopcock after the main mechanical stopcock. It therefore has to be capable of taking potable water as this water will be used for drinking as well as all other house services.

I am pretty sure you could get wras approved solenoid valve , try BSS

I've looked at a few solenoid valves but two problems with the ones I've seen. Firstly they are of the normally closed variety which means have to be electrically powered to keep them open - not ideal for this scenario. Secondly they are usually small bore whereas I need at least 22mm full bore but preferably 28mm to keep flow rates high.

I am almost certain that BSS sell a pilot operated normaly closed valve I will have a look and let you know what I find

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Motorised 2-Port Valve for Potable Water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock