Discuss Make mixer shower hotter in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello,

My mixer shower is not giving out water that is hot enough despite turning the nozzle to the max.

How can i remove the fitting to make it hotter?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20200115_125506.jpg
    IMG_20200115_125506.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20200115_125503.jpg
    IMG_20200115_125503.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 18
Probably a grub screw somewhere. But will probably find it will need a new cartridge if it's been operating correctly previously.

Possibilities:
1. There may be a thermostatic mixing valve (TMV) fitted in the supply to the shower. These are a requirement for new builds, and may be fitted anyway. The hot water can never exceed the temperature at which the TMV is set. Resolution would be to reset the TMV, but requires thermometer.
2. The shower may have been set to a maximum temperature which is lower than you like. If pressing in the button on the side of the knob (your photo. 1) doesn't enable you to increase the temperature to one you like, you may have to adjust the maximum. The adjustment is shower specific, and unless you have or can get the installation instructions for the shower it is likely to be trial and error.
3. As SimonG has suggested, the thermostatic valve cartridge in the shower may be faulty. Take the shower apart (after isolating water) and clean in white vinegar of Kilrock. Reassemble with silicone grease and see if it is better. Also requires manual.
4. If you have a combi boiler, it may not be supplying hot water at a temperature sufficiently high to give you the shower you want. Hot water at the boilers maximum flow rate will always be cooler in winter, as the incoming cold is colder than in summer, and the boiler can only raise its temperature by (normally) 35 degrees. If you turn down the flow, and the temperature increases, suggests boiler.

The plate wont come off until the handles are removed, they'll be a small screw or Allen key grub screw to loosen to get the handles off.

Doddle on that mixer.
turn thermostat until it’s at 12 o’clock. Then pull it off ( might need a sharp pull). Then put back on at 2 o’clock. This will give more hot water.

Reply to Make mixer shower hotter in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
hello all, happy new year! i hope i have posted this in the right section i have a shower bar mixer. the shower runs luke warm. a quick google...
Replies
Views
I need to change my shower mixer and I have a unvented hot water cylinder. Is it sufficient to turn off the mains? Do I need to drain the...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
We have a pumped shower with a thermostatically controlled mixer valve. My wife complains that when she is having a long shower (hair wash etc)...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock