Discuss Mains feed to oil boilers? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
It heats the rads and the hot water cylinder,does not make it a combi?

are you trying to use a boiler feed pipe on the central heating section to supply a cold tap? Time to get a reality check, for instance have you got inhibitor in the ch system, have you ever been trained in plumbing etc etc. Answer NO YOU CAN'T.

Should really not try to type when speaking to a salesman trying to rope me in to Banners Brokers,should have said heats rads and NOT the HWC and is a combi as supplies instant hot water.Boiler is of course mains fed,and the pipework is only accessible within about 6 feet away from boiler.

Don't know about comfort zone pal, but generally to give an answer there has to be a question.

ur quite right,i joined this as a trainee plumber thinking it was somewhere where i couldask daft questions that occur to me and someone would explainto me why their daft or not. i realise now that maybe this was not such a good idea.and this is really only for experienced plumbers.the company i worked for packed in and im trying to fund my own training now whilst doing work whithin my knowledge. thus my need to ask questions of someone as i no longer work with others.i never had any intention of working on the feed pipe to an oil boiler,merely to advise my customer of the options available to him.my original question was whether u could take a tee off the mains feed pipe to an oil boiler to feed a tap and washing machine,it is a combi!

if you had asked that originally the answer would have been yes., assuming your talking about the combi boiler cold feed. Another small but useful point is to tell the world, hi I'm new at this and my problem is, also you might want to update your personal details to tell the world who and what you are. I tend to look there first before answering what sometimes seem daft questions and then detail my answer accordingly. so tell the world what and why and youll get suitably reasoned answers, not saying you wont have the mick taken, but you chose this trade and its renowned for pulling ones leg at most opportunties

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mains feed to oil boilers? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock