Discuss Looking to purchase a 24 or 28kw boiler any recommendations in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ash121

Hi guys

Looking to purchase a 24 or 28 kw boiler, price range between £650 - £800 any recommendations?

the mk2 baxi duo tec looks good as being offered with a 5 year warranty, but the reviews i have read are negative

Cheers

Ideal Logic+ with 7yrs warranty! As long as it's installed on a fully flushed, cleaned and inhibited system then there's no comebacks IMHO! :)

Loads of options, and everyone has there own opinion, I like Remehas also worth considering Vailant, Viesman, Intergas, Ideal.

Just make sure you avoid the likes of Biasi, Heat Line, Feroli, Ravenheat IMHO

i have a vailant one in my garage is been removed and is as good as 10 years old boiler can be , yours for £50 + old flue available :) lol

I have a Chaffeteaux Celtic, SGI do you think i'd get anything for it? (Good as a new (they weren't very good when they were new though :devilish:))

i have fitted loads of logic + boilers and had none come back!
i have also recently started fitting duo tec 2's - i have had no bother with them,i think the e168 error (i think) has been solved,the guarantee is only 5 years if its installed by someone on the baxi works scheme, i may be wrong??

and i priced a duo tec today and it was £670 + came with flue and free tf1

ive had no bother mate,i think the issues they had have been resolved,they used to come out and throw a board and gas valve at it when it went **** up,all the ones ive fitted lately ive had not a single bit of bother with!!

I was intending to purchase the baxi duotec mk2 it was recommended to me too, until i read a few negative reviews, therefore looking to see if there is anything better out there...

the baxi main band b i believe was a good reliable boiler, can these still be fitted? as they are still available to purchase, will main still honour the warranty?

Last edited by a moderator:
The mk 2 Duo Tec is brand new technology, it adjusts the gas valve automatically using a lambda sensor similar to that on your car exhaust. They have been having issues with the gas valve, they fail to light or go out once lit, showing fault code e133. They've solved the issues now I think and they're better, but I would go with the mk 1 Duo Tec, they're better than ever now, superb build quality, easy to use, cheap to buy and buy parts for too. They're also super easy to work on too. I've been servicing and working on some Glow Worm Ultracom 2 CXI boilers recently and they don't seem bad. I don't think in your price range you will get a Vaillant, but tbh the Glow Worm is made by them anyway.

Ideal have made a really bad name for themselves with their last boiler range (Icos/Isar) and they're trying to claw the customers back, but from what I've heard, their warranty is not all that.

everyone probably has a bad word to say about a particular make of boiler where as some will have found no issues with the same make (unless its an isar) all we can go on is personal experience and for me i have had no issues with the duo tec 2,ive also had no bother with the logic+ and as mentioned come with a 7 year!

I have fitted about 20 viesmmenn boilers for the last 4 weeks , and all of them
CO/Co2 is like 0.0005

as long as its installed correctly and serviced yearly then yes i cant see why not!
out of about 20 ive fitted I had one go down and ideal were out within 2 days and solved it no probs!

the baxi main band b i believe was a good reliable boiler, can these still be fitted? as they are still available to purchase, will main still honour the warranty?

the logic+ is the 7 year warranty worth the paper its written on?

The manufacturere's will always have their clauses regards system muck effecting their boilers!! Do your upmost to deter that and you'll have good grounds for trouble free and a warranty filled life span....... :) IMHO

i think i may purchase the ideal logic+ is it definitely a 7 year warranty? as the official website states 5 year warranty whereas some other websites state 7 and 5 years

ignore me can see it now on the official website its a offer which expires Dec

Last edited by a moderator:
i think i may purchase the ideal logic+ is it definitely a 7 year warranty? as the official website states 5 year warranty whereas some other websites state 7 and 5 years

it was 5 years buddy but its defo 7 years now!!

how about the main 25kw he eco elite for around £620

or the potterton gold 24kw he for £630, the 28kw is only £685 ?

there the cheapest models i fit, no come backs as of yet, an they've all been fitted onto existing systems (after ive thoroughly power flushed them)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Looking to purchase a 24 or 28kw boiler any recommendations in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Was purchased for a job then client cancelled. Has never been used . Save massive on gas and have the ultimate electric HEATING SYSTEM IN ANY...
Replies
Views
Dear Forum members, Hope that you are all doing well! We are thinking of moving our existing boiler from its cupboard to a bathroom corner to...
Replies
Views
I would be grateful if I could have some details about both of these boilers. so I was thinking of a point system from 0-10 on the followings and...
Replies
Views
Alan 48
A
A new Baxi duotec 28 was fitted in Dec 2017 and the installer has just told me today the old boiler had water heating of 3.1 kW. Is this why my...
Replies
Views
Hi, some professional advice would be greatly appreciated, We are having an Unvented Cylinder installed into our 2 bedroom ground floor flat. I...
Replies
Views
Back