Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Greenstar 8000 Style 50kW versus Viessmann Vitodens 111-W 35kW Storage Combination Boiler in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I would be grateful if I could have some details about both of these boilers.
so I was thinking of a point system from 0-10 on the followings and any details you could share I would be most grateful.
1.Built quality 2.durability 3.customer service 4.ease of servicing 5.user interface
I live in a 5 bed house with 3 bathrooms with about 20 radiators and I narrow down my choices to these two boilers , I prefer the combi because these new ones seem to be sufficient for big house and remove the need of water tank storage which I do not have the space for it.
1.Worcester Greenstar 8000 Style 50kW. I choose this one as most installers can do it with ease, it seems this range have improved in terms of design in case anything goes wrong and it has 18 l/m flow rate which is very important for me for a big house, comes with at least 10 years warranty and seem to have easy enough interface. but its very new to the market and there aren't many reviews on them
2.Viessmann Vitodens 111-W 35kW Storage Combination Boiler
A whole new design a combi boiler that also have a storage so I can imagine it would be something between system and combi, I believe their built quality is better than worcester as they are german and have stainless steel heat exchanger, but I think if anything goes wrong they are more expensive to fix, this one also has 18 l/m.

If you aren't too board already with my question I was also looking into greenstore lecp heat pumps or greenstore lecp heat pump.
Is the heat pump provide enough flow rate? can I have a combi for showers and heat pump for radiators, are they better than combi? can they replace combi boilers?
what are the cons and pros?

Are you going / plan to use more than two outlets at a time ?

With 3 bathrooms and if you really don’t want a unvented the the 111 is the one you want build quality and is really good the only thing that used to let them down was customer service. Pretty sure if fitted by viessmann certified installer you can get 10 year warranty.

With 3 bathrooms and if you really don’t want a unvented the the 111 is the one you want build quality and is really good the only thing that used to let them down was customer service. Pretty sure if fitted by viessmann certified installer you can get 10 year warranty.
Thank you, the 8000 series came after the 111 so I thought they may have improved over their competitor

I would go 111 then it’s brilliant but installation is key

Reply to Worcester Greenstar 8000 Style 50kW versus Viessmann Vitodens 111-W 35kW Storage Combination Boiler in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Worcester Boiler - GREENSTAR 8000 Life - Heating anomaly I have recently noticed when I have lost power to my boiler and power is then reinstated that the Central Heating comes on. Is this the norm?…ALL CH controls are off.
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've had a WB 8000 35kw boiler installed today and was searching through some websites which talked about range rating your boiler and/or turning down the flow temperature to save on cost. I spoke to the engineer that installed it and he advised against rage rating saying that having 17...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I had a new Viessmann Vitodens 100-w boiler (the new version) installed last year. The guy who was installing and commissioning it had never seen or commissioned this boiler before, so I guess he didn't do it in the most efficient way: 1. I've got Google Nest thermostat but it looks to...
Replies
Views
Hello! I have a large house, 20 radiators + UFH. Heated house area is about 350 m2. House is class B, it is written in the certificate that house requires 73 kWh(m2/year) for heating. I had my system fully upgraded last year, installed new Vitodens 200-W 49 kW (B2HA) model with Vitotronic 200...
Replies
Views
I have a Viessmann Vitodens 222-F FS2B 26kW Storage Gas Boiler installed in 2014. The boiler has developed a problem recently where it short cycles but only when hot water is used. When hot water is turned on (on any tap in the property) the boiler remains off for about 45 sec. At the...
Replies
Views
tinodj
T
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock