Search the forum,

Discuss John Lewis cooker swap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

grow_fins

Gas Engineer
Does anyone know what John Lewis actually do when they swap over a gas or dual fuel cooker?
I'lll give them a call in the morning, they advertise removal and disposal of the old one for £9 and fitting a new one for £75-£85-£95 depending on whether it's a hob or stand alone dual fuel jobbie.
I can't believe they've got a GSR person in the van and I'm thinking that while anyone is allowed to connect or disconnect their own cooker assuming a bayonet connection of course, isn't it different if it's a job that a customer is paying for?
Wouldnt a tightness test, gas rate, check the rest of the installation etc be required?

i used to do them for best buy, got paid £60 each but had to collect and remove but was at least 4 a day so not a bad earner.
i took the crap ones to base and scrap man collected them or i dropped of at scrap merchant for £4 each, the good ones i sold on for £50/60
they obviously got gsr to do them however, i believe j lewis just send the driver and a lad to plug in. they then send gsr if theres a problem and over charge for the hat wringing to the public.

remember also. 'never knowingly oversold' lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to John Lewis cooker swap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Does anybody work for kitchen fitter for the gas bits? I am trying to pick up more work and am going to meet a couple tomorrow. Just trying to work out a bit of a price list to give them. Disconnections cut, cap, test, visual of other appliances £60 Connect new hob new isolation valve and a...
Replies
Views
V
glow worm hxi30 boiler f9 fault code. no low water pressure switch on this boiler.and blown fuse second on pcb (does tis mean board gone?) main board pump external to boiler. grundfos 25-80 slight history of job, arrived to fit dual fuel cooker gas hob electric oven. fitted connect l.N.E to...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
R
bless them they know best!:25: about 6 months ago i got a call from a couple of old dears wanting to swap their electric cooker for a gas one. when i called round they were calling the electric cooker blind, load of crap etc. it was only 3 months old delivered and installed by john lewis so...
Replies
Views
secret squirrel
S
O
Information My sister has asked me to re-do her kitchen, currently she has a build in electric hob and oven. She has recently had a conservatory fitted, which is where the openable window is now. Kitchen is fairly small 2270*3300*2520 (18m3) W,L,H 1 Door to outside (to be changed soon) Opens...
Replies
Views
Billy Bob Bob
B
P
Hi, I have just got back from a visit to do a quote. It was a nice little job, bathroom straight swap and freestanding cooker install (gas hob, eleci oven/grill). Existing gas pipe and eleci spur existing. but the cupboards and extractor arent within acceptable clearances. Customer says hes...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock