Discuss Cooker Clreanaces lost me a job? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

princegoose

Hi,

I have just got back from a visit to do a quote. It was a nice little job, bathroom straight swap and freestanding cooker install (gas hob, eleci oven/grill).

Existing gas pipe and eleci spur existing. but the cupboards and extractor arent within acceptable clearances. Customer says hes getting as many quotes as possible so im guessing therell be at least one installer willingly/unwittingly will quote for the cooker.

Ive explained in an email why i havent included it in quote and DEFINITLY wont do it.

Question is, after years of being GSR does anyone on here ignore this reg? What are my chances of everyone else not quoting for it.

Youve done the right thing, if the customer is the type to go ahead with sub standard work then you dont want to be doing work for them.
Stand by your guns, it would be your head on the block if anything went wrong.

I agree but we know it will get fitted by someone hey.

Unfortunately their will always be someone who will do it.
Be the best you can be!
You will be a better person and better engineer. It is unfortunate you will loose jobs from time to time being the better engineer.

this is the sort of situation we should have recourse to gas safe for .Im not sure how it could be made to work maybe we could notify situations where we suspect substandard work has or is intending to be carried out and if nothing less that address could be sent a booklet reminding the owners of their responsibilities regarding gas safety
iknow where a conversion was carried out where half the boilers would be ncs due to gas preasures huge runs around three sides of the building in 22 riunning to combis
flues not made good prv straight out

Last edited:
I know what you are say steve, but do you honestly think gas safe care or even have the resources to do so if they actually wanted to?

I doubt it very much some how, if illegal gas workers are being fined less than the cost of doing your ACS there is little hope for anything above what they do at the moment.

old lady called few weeks back,to fit new free-standing cooker ! I said no probs will do it for X amount ,as old lady ! Went over ,gas bored caped gas supply to cooker ,asked why answer was old cooker was leaking ! Ok i said ,now we have a new cooker there will not be a problem!test the pipe work ,was ok !well new cooker 23", cooker space 23" will fit just perfect finish both said of it but not clearance,then new cooker need 230v for ignition,as old one did not have one as it was battery powered i told the old lady sorry can fit as .....! called the seller local appliance shop will not mansion its name !asked seller politely for a smaller size cooker and battery powered ignition and he ask me why do i need to have clearance and why can't I just use extension lead and everything will be OK....
Can you see guys what do we have to put up with ,is not just the customers going wrong but the actual SELLER !!!!!
Well next day lady goes back to buy another one ,seller pi$$3D off cos i made her to buy another one and now he has to deal with picking old one up and delivering new one which was almost £200 cheaper ,so he is loosing £..
she got the new 19" battery powered,new flex hose,new cooker chain ! Job done

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cooker Clreanaces lost me a job? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock