Discuss old dears (go to toilet first) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

REDSAW

bless them they know best!:25:

about 6 months ago i got a call from a couple of old dears wanting to swap their electric cooker for a gas one. when i called round they were calling the electric cooker blind, load of crap etc.
it was only 3 months old delivered and installed by john lewis so cost a bit then?. anyway after installing the new gas cooker they were going on about how beautiful it was and the real deal compared to the electric one. they asked me to dispose of it for them which i agreed (straight onto fleabay for £120 lol):smartass2:. whilst i was there, they asked if i could check the gas fire coals were right, they needed a little adjustment so i did that, got paid and left.

stay with me on this!!

anyway, gets a call so went to do a job for them today.
since my last visit, they had a new gas fire installed from a fireplace shop (a 7.2kw) some 3 weeks ago. their room is 12' x 9' with a 6' k2 rad directly opposite the fire with the sofa in-between!. the old lady is giving it the 'what a load o crap' chuntering while her husband says he fell asleep with the fire on and the wife put the fire on then went out for an hour or two, it was slowly cooking his legs, so it has to go! its too hot they say..he now has cream for the burns!..:sosp:

so, i am there putting in a nice remote control 1.5kw electric fire for them. after i had finished they said how beautiful it is and perfect from that stupid thing it had replaced blah blah blah..
the old guy now tells me (stay with it) how crap the GAS COOKER is and what a filthy waste of space it is!! can we call you to swap it for the ELECTRIC one when it comes as they have just ordered it?..:mad2:

as a jobs a job an all that, i said sure no problem just call me when it comes and i will do it for you, no problem. so there i was driving up the road chuckling to myself, that was 3pm this afternoon.:rofl:.

7pm, the phone rings....wait for it.lol.

4 hours....
this fire you put in!, its crap, cant get any heat out of it its freezing in here? i asked them if the radiator was on and she told me that was no good as its dry heat!, can you take it out and can my husband come with you to b&q so he can pick a gas fire up and can you put it in for us?????:rofl::mad2::mad2:

no, i have not made this up:sosp:

Last edited by a moderator:
laurel and hardy comes to mind.

there in a warden aided complex and i dont think they have that much££, sad really.

I reckon you are being groomed mate. Perhaps they are some kind of kinky-wrinklies?

about 6 months ago i got a call from a couple of old dears wanting to swap their electric cooker for a gas one. when i called round they were calling the electric cooker blind, load of crap etc.
it was only 3 months old delivered and installed by john lewis so cost a bit then?. anyway after installing the new gas cooker they were going on about how beautiful it was and the real deal compared to the electric one. they asked me to dispose of it for them which i agreed (straight onto fleabay for £120 lol):smartass2:. whilst i was there, they asked if i could check the gas fire coals were right, they needed a little adjustment so i did that, got paid and left.

stay with me on this!!

anyway, gets a call so went to do a job for them today.
since my last visit, they had a new gas fire installed from a fireplace shop (a 7.2kw) some 3 weeks ago. their room is 12' x 9' with a 6' k2 rad directly opposite the fire with the sofa in-between!. the old lady is giving it the 'what a load o crap' chuntering while her husband says he fell asleep with the fire on and the wife put the fire on then went out for an hour or two, it was slowly cooking his legs, so it has to go! its too hot they say..he now has cream for the burns!..:sosp:

so, i am there putting in a nice remote control 1.5kw electric fire for them. after i had finished they said how beautiful it is and perfect from that stupid thing it had replaced blah blah blah..
the old guy now tells me (stay with it) how crap the GAS COOKER is and what a filthy waste of space it is!! can we call you to swap it for the ELECTRIC one when it comes as they have just ordered it?..:mad2:

as a jobs a job an all that, i said sure no problem just call me when it comes and i will do it for you, no problem. so there i was driving up the road chuckling to myself, that was 3pm this afternoon.:rofl:.

7pm, the phone rings....wait for it.lol.

4 hours....
this fire you put in!, its crap, cant get any heat out of it its freezing in here? i asked them if the radiator was on and she told me that was no good as its dry heat!, can you take it out and can my husband come with you to b&q so he can pick a gas fire up and can you put it in for us?????:rofl::mad2::mad2:

Lol
They will keep busy if they want to spend there money who are you to not help them lol

maybe they're going a bit loopy and by the time they pop their clogs they will think you are their son and leave you everything

....sound like a couple straight out of Royston Vasey..........would steer well clear, cash cows or not.....

No you could not make that one up, but as Phil said good job it wasn't the bathroom! My mate has just had this, first sink wasn't right, then taps, then vanity unit.....it goes on, they picked it all!

Next time your there look around for the cameras, could be another rogue plumbers or candid camera :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to old dears (go to toilet first) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I have just joined, after being pushed into some DIY plumbing. Here is my first plumbing DIY effort. I had a cistern lever that...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a...
Replies
Views
Am I the only one struggling to find appliances' manuals online? I know it's hard enough with cookers and old gas fires but I've just been unable...
Replies
Views
All, Belfast, Northern Ireland. I am in a bit of a predicament. I have recently had a stove fitted in a chimney that had a disconnected and...
Replies
Views
Hi, Hoping some of you folks can steer me in the right direction. I have been self employed for the last 15years supplying services to the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock