Search the forum,

Discuss Gas appliances manuals in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

kasser

Gas Engineer
Am I the only one struggling to find appliances' manuals online? I know it's hard enough with cookers and old gas fires but I've just been unable to find the manual for an Ideal Exclusive. I thought I had found it but it turns out the GC number was different.

Given the law says "refer to MI" and that an appliance cannot be installed without its manual, etc, shouldn't the law also hold those manufacturers responsible to provide their installation manuals for ALL their appliances? I don't think I'm the first person to think that?

If these manuals were all made available in the same single place online, say Gas Safe, then there would be no need to hunt for them all over the net and save us gas engineers a lot of time in the process. At the moment you're more likely to find your manual on manualslib.com.

It really annoys me that the industry is banging on about net zero and all that but cannot get the basics right.

What’s the gc number of the manual you require?

Ahhh that one it’s a nope from me failed before on that one and used the first gen one as it’s the same horrible little boilers if your replacing the sump

Reply to Gas appliances manuals in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock