Search the forum,

Discuss Just a quick first post to say hello. in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

Hoping some of you folks can steer me in the right direction. I have been self employed for the last 15years supplying services to the industrial gas market. That ranges from installing cryogenic storage tanks, pumps and pipework to high pressure Hydrogen systems and bulk LNG. My work has had me doing 70k a year in travel with lots of working away. At the ripe old age of 49 I've got an eye on the future and would like to be able to gradually shift from large, national commercial contract work to local domestic plumbing and, later, gas work. It looks as though my initial approach will be part time courses to gain lvl 2 and 3 in plumbing then some time with local plumber for on the job experience. I already have a lvl 3 in electrical and electronic engineering so assume I will meet entry requirements to courses. I am also coded for tig asme 8 and mig welding as well as silver solder coding. I have installed 1000's of meters of pipe including Swagelok, schedule nb, copper, Tungum and carbon steel but not in domestic situations.

Any advice on the best way to proceed would be gratefully received. I will of course need to keep operating my business in throughout the training period.

Many thanks in advance.
Adam

Reply to Just a quick first post to say hello. in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock