Discuss Intergas System Boiler Condensate Trap Protrudes Below Bottom Cover in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RichardMon

I am just installing an Intergas Compact SB40 boiler but the condensate trap protrudes about 15 cm below the bottom cover. It is unsightly and frankly a design nonsense. The other boilers in the range are all smaller and the condensate trap is also smaller and is concealed by the cover.
Do you think I could get away with fitting a smaller trap? The alternative is raise the boiler and drill another hole for the flue. Grateful for any ideas.

I'm no GSR & have limited knowledge on the subject but I would hazard a guess that there's a reason it is the way it is. Sometimes these things just really aren't messing with.

But that's just my uneducated opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Why would he consider lifting the boiler?
Sounds like he hasn't left enough space underneath for the condensate trap to fit.

That's bloody expensive for a bit of bent sheet metal that should've come with the boiler!

means if you dont need it you save money, and I dont pay that much for them anyhow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Intergas System Boiler Condensate Trap Protrudes Below Bottom Cover in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock