Search the forum,

Discuss HW 2 port not opening when calling for heat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

henrymerrington

i have a 2 port honeywell valve that does not open or fire boiler when programmer is calling and stat is. the valve moves manually and ive changed the head of the valve could it be a programmer fault?

Well it could be the programmer or cylinder thermostat or just a loose wire connection you will have to follow the power supply and find break

Trace wiring, turn off electricity and using a multi meter check continuity.

If its suspected to be only the 2 port valve. Turn off electricity, remove head cover, trace two wires from motor and check resistance if its infinity open circuit, get new motor, fit and test.

Last edited by a moderator:
you say you've changed the head but no joy !!
1)have you checked that there is 230V to the head terminals ? that would be the brown and blue wires on the black cable from the head or across the two orange wires internally ?
2) does the motor operate ?
3) does the valve open ?
4) is there a voltage to the grey or orange wire ? in the main black cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to HW 2 port not opening when calling for heat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
N
Replaced the head of a Honeywell 2port valve on heating and wired into an old block (S) like for like. However, when either water OR heating called for, both valves open! Ideas?
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi, would appreciate any thoughts on the below. I have an almost 10yr old Ferroli Modena 32S HE system boiler. (I am aware of their reputation! ) 2 weeks ago HW went lukewarm. When HW was called, the rads came on. The cylinder motorised valve has been replaced today, but it's not fixed the...
Replies
Views
Hello, my HW is taking longer than expected to heat up and it's getting worse. I can go 10-40 degs after 1.5 hours of only heating HW, whereas I should be going 10-60 degs in 30-40 mins by my maths. Don't even mention trying to heat HW and CH at the same time. 30 mins with the immersion adds...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon all, I am hopeful someone may be able to offer some guidance on the following. In the home we have a gas boiler (serviced annually, October time) providing hot water to the CH system which is split into 3 zones (Honeywell 2-way valves) and it also heats the HW tank (Tribune...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock