Discuss How do I become Gas Safe trained and registered in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
jkay you sound let down ,i have been a plumber/gas fitter for 40 years.there is no cartel set against new plumbers/gas fitters,as a trade we have never stood together and the goverment have never moved towards proper legistration of operatives in this industry,proved to me recently by fast track plumber with bpec unvented cert who broke just about every rule you could,bpec C@G not worth paper they are printed on now,gas is much more dangerous than water in most instances.so at least that is regulated,you will have to jump through hoops to get where you want to go .but so did we, stop moaning and get on with it

Last edited by a moderator:
I could not agree with you more. Existing gas safe fitters are controlling the industry.
This amounts to a cartel. The present system of training with a qualified gas fitter harks back to the days when British Gas had a monopoly on the gas business. It is out moded and needs urgent reform. Will the Gas Safe authority act?

I could not agree with you more. Existing gas safe fitters are controlling the industry.
This amounts to a cartel. The present system of training with a qualified gas fitter harks back to the days when British Gas had a monopoly on the gas business. It is out moded and needs urgent reform. Will the Gas Safe authority act?

grow up mate its necesary for new starters to spend as much time as humanly possible with an experienced fitter to avoid killing someone its not done to hold people back its done to prevent pwople dying

cant agree more. i had the same problem with my 30:06 remmington semi-automatic rifle. had to join the army to learn how to load and pull the trigger. now the police are saying they are the only ones authorised to use them and i cant get a liscenxce?. i mean, whats that all about?. a rifle has never killed anyone on its own. gas does though.

One gas safe engineer told me that he could not help me because his insurance would not cover me and i can't get my own insurance because I am not GSR.

grow up mate its necesary for new starters to spend as much time as humanly possible with an experienced fitter to avoid killing someone its not done to hold people back its done to prevent pwople dying
I would love to train with a good engineer.But I can't find one. Unless I pay £1000 (one thousand quid) to a GSR company to produce a portfolio.
BTW. If GSR engineers are so well trained how comes at least one is struck off every week?

Last edited by a moderator:
One gas safe engineer told me that he could not help me because his insurance would not cover me and i can't get my own insurance because I am not GSR.

I would love to train with a good engineer.But I can't find one. Unless I pay £1000 (one thousand quid) to a GSR company to produce a portfolio.
BTW. If GSR engineers are so well trained how comes at least one is struck off every week?

gas fitters do not make the rules, if you have issue with how the training and evidence is to be produced take it p with the sector skills council, the HSE and the awarding bodies. You cannot try to emotionallly blackmial other gas fitters into giving you what you want. they owe you nothing.

It is all self centered and full of self pity

gas fitters do not make the rules, if you have issue with how the training and evidence is to be produced take it p with the sector skills council, the HSE and the awarding bodies. You cannot try to emotionallly blackmial other gas fitters into giving you what you want. they owe you nothing.

It is all self centered and full of self pity
No.it's not self pity. This what I have been told by people running ACS gas training courses. I am not trying to blackmail anyone.
Gas fitters dont make the rules but they certainly have big say who can and who can't be a gas fitter. I cannot think of another profession with this arrangement.

No.it's not self pity. This what I have been told by people running ACS gas training courses. I am not trying to blackmail anyone.
Gas fitters dont make the rules but they certainly have big say who can and who can't be a gas fitter. I cannot think of another profession with this arrangement.

stop feeling hard done by mate gas fitters are out there to make a living not hold your hand gas is dangerous its regulated by law so there are obstacles to be overcome in becoming an engineer.if you want something do your research beforehand not after and then start moaning
its real simple you need a portfolio to prove you have worked safely on a variety of appliances and you need a competent engineer to oversee that work
if you didnt look into that to start with then that is your fault not the engineer
stop looking for big conspiracies gas fitters are not freemasons and havnt all ganged up on new trainees
you knew what was required when you started and if you didnt then thats your fault
there is nothing stopping you pursuing a career in plumbing

No Cartel.It's simple if you sign forms for a candidate for ACS and they pass,which they will if they have the knowledge,and where to refer to.(Do I need the hassle of,you signed the forms for this person and he/she has done X?)Whichever centre they take ACS at records your details and registration.Would you want to sign your name on the dotted?Ramifications?Do your time,RS boilers are easy,servicing,flues,cookers and fires aren't.Good luck

Gas fitters dont have a say, they just sign new entrants work off if they have done it. They cannot be forced into signing it if you have not done it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How do I become Gas Safe trained and registered in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello Plumbers/Gas Engineers, Excuse if this question has been raised but i am in a slight dilemma and for the past 2 weeks the internet has not...
Replies
Views
Vacancies within our Plumbing Team at City College Norwich Full time, £23.789 - £34,606 per annum dependant on appointment An exciting...
Replies
Views
Hello, I've done the C&G Level 2 in Plumbing Studies. I'm currently working as a plumber's mate (part-time). Eventually, I'd like to become Gas...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am looking for a gas safe registered engineer who would be generous to take me on to help me complete my gas portfolio also to teach me...
Replies
Views
I am looking for a gas safe registered engineer who would be generous to take me on to help me complete my gas portfolio also to teach me about...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock