Search the forum,

Discuss Best Route to Becoming Gas Safe Registered: NVQ Level 2 + Gas Course or Gas Course Only? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello,
I've done the C&G Level 2 in Plumbing Studies. I'm currently working as a plumber's mate (part-time). Eventually, I'd like to become Gas Safe registered and work on LPG - at leisure sites and maybe on boats, etc.
Any comments or advice on how best to get there? Should I do the Level 2 NVQ Plumbing and Heating and then go onto gas training? Or, leap straight onto a gas course?
Thanks and have a great day!

Reactions: Dan
Columbia,

My advice would be to go along the NVQ level 2 in plumbing and heating before embarking on the Gas ACS qualification.
It may appear to be a longer more tortuous route, but at the end if it you will be very well prepared for a very rewarding career in the UK domestic gas sector.

Be aware that you need to qualify on domestic methane before you can seek a future qualification in LPG.

Before you start, ensure that you have all the arrangements in place to complete(and get signed off) your practical potfolio.

Good luck

I have a feeling you will have to go to level 3 mate .
However if the guy you are working for is gas safe and invests some time and training in you , you work your **** off , theres no reason for you not to go straight for your ACS , but do not forget passing your ACS does not give you automatic gas safe .

Most training centers will teach you the full ACS requirements including the appliances, but not LPG as there are different requirements for that. Contact specific training centers like option skills ect, but it can be expensive.

saghir hussain

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Best Route to Becoming Gas Safe Registered: NVQ Level 2 + Gas Course or Gas Course Only? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock