Search the forum,

Discuss how can I understand if my boiler is a combi boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tekbuz

hi,

We are moving to a new house and we would like to replace the old system with a combi boiler but it looks like the boiler is quite new and I would like to find out if this is a combi boiler.

The system has a tank and a pool at the loft but the boiler looks like a combi, just can't find anything that supports that other than one plumber who said that we don't need to replace the boiler as it is a combi, and all we need to do is to remove the tank if we don't want them.

The boiler's brand is Worcester 24i condescending boiler.

thanks.

I`m reading this as your plumber has told you the answer already.

that's what confused us, as it was one out of 3.
if this is possible (I didn't even know that was actually possible) then I will assume that the others just didn't notice this detail.

Thanks Soulman, yes our system layout looks just like that.
So there is no chance that it is a combi and the system left behind as a backup unit?

you currently have a traditional system which most people consider a better system particularly for hot water demand

if the boiler has 5 pipes leaving it it is more than likeley a combi (unles its a 4 pipe viessmann boiler)

thanks Gasmk1, I will check, I think the plumber said that based on the pipes.

never mind the boiler, either way you could still have a cold tank in the loft that could be supplying cold water to a bath/toilet etc.
it's not easy from a question on a screen to see eveything!

worrying to think you have had 3 plumbers look and you are left not knowing what setup you have got!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to how can I understand if my boiler is a combi boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, bit of a noob question but would someone be able to help me to understand the pipes coming off our boiler. It's a Grant oil combi boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi. I recently had a renovation done. My builder installed a new Combi boiler instead of my system boiler. He connected the pipework to the...
Replies
Views
Hi, We moved into a new property yesterday and are a little baffled by the heating/water tank situation. The previous owners unhelpfully left any...
Replies
Views
Home owner looking for some advice pls. We have a megaflow system which we are considering removing as the tank takes up a lot of space and we...
Replies
Views
I have just had a boiler, hot water tank and power shower pump replaced on advice by my plumber. I have two separate boilers, heat/hotwater...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock