Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss HOW BIG IS YOURS Hmmm???????? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

REDSAW

being one more of the old school, it was allways frowned upon to ask

'what you earn't last week'
or
'what did you make from that last job',
you get my drift.

apologies if i have got this wrong, but it seems fine and acceptable on this forum (reading the past threads) to ask as its only just advice, what can you possibly earn as a plumber on a 'purple patch day'?. or any 'millionaire plumbers'.

therefore this, may give advice to people who do not know what a 'good day rate is for a plumber 'when the sun shines' helping them to know what to charge.
if you really dont want to tell all 'HOW BIG IS YOURS' no prob's dont reply.

i will start the ball with:

£1,500 a day for three of us so thats:rolleyes:
£737.50 each for 6 1/2 hour day.
= £113.46 per hour (each)

= domestic combi install.

what? oh yes, i said the 3 of us,
so that was £25 for the apprentice then, almost forgot.....;)

on a bad day £40

in my area was always told thats a gas safe plumber should be aiming to make £200 a day. Redsaw 34, ud be a very rich man if u managed to get a 365 day flow. But in my area id prob make £500 on a combi install from old system, which i would do in a day if it was easy enough. Maybe have a hand if it was tricky but wouldnt make any money on them. Try and stay reasonably priced then get alot of custom.

Im slightly shocked by your rates redsaw

being one more of the old school, it was allways frowned upon to ask

'what you earn't last week'
or
'what did you make from that last job',
you get my drift.

apologies if i have got this wrong, but it seems fine and acceptable on this forum (reading the past threads) to ask as its only just advice, what can you possibly earn as a plumber on a 'purple patch day'?. or any 'millionaire plumbers'.

therefore this, may give advice to people who do not know what a 'good day rate is for a plumber 'when the sun shines' helping them to know what to charge.
if you really dont want to tell all 'HOW BIG IS YOURS' no prob's dont reply.

i will start the ball with:

£1,500 a day for three of us so thats:rolleyes:
£737.50 each for 6 1/2 hour day.
= £113.46 per hour (each)

= domestic combi install.

what? oh yes, i said the 3 of us,
so that was £25 for the apprentice then, almost forgot.....;)

on a bad day £40
will u give me a job for 6 months next year>>!! i am planning on going to the uk for the experience and with them purple patchs i may stay forever..... all i d need then is a lass over there to give all the money to.!!!!

i would buff,
but if i sent you out to a bath fit for £200 you'd came back with £100:D:Dand a flea in your ear:D

did you ever get over that one?

should i be a little lost.[fleas?? etc]..or did i tell u lies and cant remember the story now...

Currently subbing myself out on conventional "wet" plumbing for £100 per day clear, after all expenses, can "usually" get £150 to £200 per day on the likes of shower pump installations, CH system mods and snags, but cannot guarantee 5 days a week at the better rate.

On best days clear £300 (usually by legit marking up on materials) but don't see enough of that.

If I could get back to consistantly earning £200 per day as I was before the recession kicked in I'd be very happy, lets see what the future holds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to HOW BIG IS YOURS Hmmm???????? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock