Search the forum,

Discuss Hot water problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mike pollard

Hi Folks,
I fitted a new valve to the loft cistern, replaced the guts of two toilet cisterns.
Didn't touch the hot water system, but now it will not run properly (comes and goes in spurts). Tried clearing what appeared to be an air lock via the washing machine hoses but no joy. Whole system is old (galvo tank, lead wastes etc) Standard immersion cylinder. Blockage perhaps? Any ideas gratefully received.
Mike.

If you have changed nothing but a valve on the system, I agree with the airlock theory.

As you have tried pushing it back through the mains I would turn the boiler stat up and try to boil it out via the hotwater system.

Dont forget to turn the stat down after though !

hope you charged enough to cover your time getting rid of airlock

Hi If the cylinder cold feed is galv you may well have moved some scale creating a blockage? Which its another story. Have you tried a short piece of hose, held against ball valve outlet and the other end down cold feed to cylinder with the hot bath tap open, if water flows from the vent stick your thumb over it for 30 seconds. Check results. Good Luck

could be dirt. happened in my own house just last week. guys were putting insulation in the roofspace and new tank jacket and lids. basically i ended up with insulation blocking my toilet and basin. had to blow it out wit the mains:mad:

Many thanks for the suggestions guys. Still remains a mystery as to the cause, but I got a call a couple of days after and the problem had cured itself.
There is a god!
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hot water problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock