Discuss hot water noises, running tap sounds in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dicodave

hi
i have a issue with my Ideal central heating boiler, when i switch on the hot water it sounds like a tap is running through the pipes, i have hot water though. when the central heating is on it sounds ok
My concerns are, am i damaging the boiler
not sure on the system name but there are two motorised valves, a tank and two header tanks, wall stat and a controller
thanks for any help [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/misc.php?ccbloc=635"]
post_old.gif
[/DLMURL] [02-11, 16:09] dicodave hi

Last edited by a moderator:
hi
thanks Paul , i have checked loft tanks and they are both full, y=the sounds in the pipe stop when the hot water valve closes

Check that your motorised valves are operating. Turn cylinder stat up when your in airing cupboard with heating off. If boiler fires, pump runs etc. Feel the two pipes coming out of your cylinder. Top one should get hot first.

If nothing happens I would look at changing your syncron motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to hot water noises, running tap sounds in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Solved
Hi, I am looking for a bit of advice. Our Gledhill hot water tank was installed incorrectly 18 months ago and has been sending bubbling hot...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Hope somebody can help :) I have a vented HW system with a pressurised Ch system but got bit of a annoying issue, when the hot water...
Replies
Views
I have a Worcester Greenstar gas boiler circa 2017. There has been a noise coming from the boiler which resembles running water, I have checked...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have a problem with my hot water header tank getting warm water into it from the bottom of the header tank (not the hooked...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock