Search the forum,

Discuss Hot water demand but no hot water... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Emmster

hi,

I've a Vaillant ecoTech Plus 624 with a Drayton LP522 controller.
CH control all works like a charm, but a couple of days ago the HW failed.

The boiler shows a permanent "water demand" symbol in it's display. I literally can't get the thing to stop displaying it.

The LP522 controller indicates that, from it's perspective, all is well on the timed / advance / alwaysOn settings for HW (lights on the controller come on appropriately) but neither the boiler or motorised 2 port valve (which seems to be controlling the flow to the HW cylinder heat exchanger) operates in any way whatsoever; the boiler pump doesn't activate, the gas valve doesn't open and (i guess fairly obviously) the burner doesn't burn.

I've checked the boiler error codes but there's no problems there. I've checked the 2 port valve operation and it isn't stuck. In the interests of not-breaking-it-more-than-it-already-is i've not removed any panels on any device to look in at the wiring etc.

Any ideas as to what the problem might be?

Thanks,
Stephen

hi,

I've a Vaillant ecoTech Plus 624 with a Drayton LP522 controller.
CH control all works like a charm, but a couple of days ago the HW failed.

The boiler shows a permanent "water demand" symbol in it's display. I literally can't get the thing to stop displaying it.

The LP522 controller indicates that, from it's perspective, all is well on the timed / advance / alwaysOn settings for HW (lights on the controller come on appropriately) but neither the boiler or motorised 2 port valve (which seems to be controlling the flow to the HW cylinder heat exchanger) operates in any way whatsoever; the boiler pump doesn't activate, the gas valve doesn't open and (i guess fairly obviously) the burner doesn't burn.

I've checked the boiler error codes but there's no problems there. I've checked the 2 port valve operation and it isn't stuck. In the interests of not-breaking-it-more-than-it-already-is i've not removed any panels on any device to look in at the wiring etc.

Any ideas as to what the problem might be?

Thanks,
Stephen
you need to test wih a multi meter if it working for heating that virtually rules out boiler problems on this setup look at 2 port valve cylinder stat or clockdoes the valve open when clock is set for heating and stat turned up?
if the cylinder is a mains fed type there is a overheat stat in the cylinder stat that trips and can be reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hot water demand but no hot water... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock