Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Hot water cylinder leaking around joint with hot water inlet in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Z

zacwithleak

I'm trying to remove the zone valve ion vented tank and the tank started leaking around the joint.

I was hoping to just run the tank with immersion till I can get an unvented.

Any tips to stop leaks or do you think I need to buy temporary tank.

Any help appreciated as I'm without hot water now.

Thanks Chris, it was the central heating inlet flange that was leaking. The fibre washer had long since disintegrated. Looked like it had been weeping for some time but a bit of movement and a steady flow began.

I tried with a new washer that just split. I ended up with using some hemp string and jointing compound wrapped around the joint and tightened up. Worked a treat.

Complete melt down mode as the gate valve filling the tank was just spinning and was looking at worst case scenario of replacing the tank for just a few weeks till the unvented was completed. But disaster avoided.

Reply to Hot water cylinder leaking around joint with hot water inlet in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. This ‘valve’ is at the bottom of our domestic hot water cylinder. Anyone have any idea what it is please? It must’ve been there for many...
Replies
Views
I have a vented hot-water cylinder that was installed when the house was built - 38 years ago! It has a header tank in the loft and the cylinder...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied...
Replies
Views
After some advice, i have recently had solar panels fitted and have an Eddi which uses the energy we generate to heat the cylinder using the...
Replies
Views
M
Turned off water to heater removed heater water leaks water from hot water inlet.
Replies
Views
Michael Mckee
M
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock