Discuss High pressure hot water secondary pipe sizes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

colmo40

I have just had a Megaflow installed and am about to run the secondary pipes around the house for hot and cold water. However I have heard two different versions of what size to run.

The first is that you run 22mm up to a manifold then split off with 15mm to the appliances, as this will give you maximum flow rate.

The second is that you run 15mm to the manifold as this will give you less water required to fill the system when you turn on the tap, so faster response time, but still with sufficient flow.

If I do the the first there will be more water stored in the pipework, which is wasted energy.

If I do the second will there be sufficient flow rate (the bath is the greatest load)?

Any thoughts/experience to share on this, please?

22 mm to bath 15 tees to each apliance usually i try to run to bath first and everyting else fed seperately from below bath a lot of the time if its short runs to basin and wc i would use 10mm easier as its to run in pedestals
i feel best practice with any plastic is a few joins below floor as posssible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to High pressure hot water secondary pipe sizes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock