Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Help with VRT360F problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

angiev

We have a Vaillant combi boiler with a VRT360F wireless programmable room thermostat. The boiler is a year old. I moved the thermostat from the living room to the upstairs hallway on Wednesday. Everything was fine until Friday afternoon when the hot water & radiators went off. The thermostat has a message that says RF ERR. Looking in the manual this means interference with the radio signal. I t
took the unit back and exchanged it for a new one. When I set that up the read out was fine for about half an hour then it said the same thing. I have called out the engineer under guarantee but they can't get here until Tuesday. Is there anything else I can try in the meantime?

We have a Vaillant combi boiler with a VRT360F wireless programmable room thermostat. The boiler is a year old. I moved the thermostat from the living room to the upstairs hallway on Wednesday. Everything was fine until Friday afternoon when the hot water & radiators went off. The thermostat has a message that says RF ERR. Looking in the manual this means interference with the radio signal.
RF Err means: "No radio connection to the radio receiver on the heating unit". That's not the same as interference. It means the two parts are not communicating. There is a loss of signal, similar to a mobile phone. The signal is relatively weak so it can be quickly attenuated when it passes through several walls and a floor.

Why did you move the stat upstairs? Take it back downstairs and see if the problem goes away. Also try different rooms upstairs.

If you must have the control upstairs and cannot get satisfactory communication between the two units, you will have to relocate the receiver (part connected to boiler).

RF Err means: "No radio connection to the radio receiver on the heating unit". That's not the same as interference. It means the two parts are not communicating. There is a loss of signal, similar to a mobile phone. The signal is relatively weak so it can be quickly attenuated when it passes through several walls and a floor.

Why did you move the stat upstairs? Take it back downstairs and see if the problem goes away. Also try different rooms upstairs.

If you must have the control upstairs and cannot get satisfactory communication between the two units, you will have to relocate the receiver (part connected to boiler).
---------------------------------------------------
I did bring the unit back downstairs and it didn't chnage - should it do so straight away? We moved it upstairs because our downstairs is open plan and the room gets too hot when we're cooking so it reaches the set temperature and cuts out but upstairs is still cool. Unit is actually a lot closer to the receiver now. I also took the unit into the loft and held it right next to the receiver but it didn't connect. Would it do that if teh electric supply is interrupted in anyway to the boiler? I ask because I had to change some wiring when I removed the old control from our previous boiler (it's been sitting there foe a year).

Thanks.

I did bring the unit back downstairs and it didn't change - should it do so straight away? We moved it upstairs because our downstairs is open plan and the room gets too hot when we're cooking so it reaches the set temperature and cuts out but upstairs is still cool. Unit is actually a lot closer to the receiver now. I also took the unit into the loft and held it right next to the receiver but it didn't connect. Would it do that if teh electric supply is interrupted in anyway to the boiler? I ask because I had to change some wiring when I removed the old control from our previous boiler (it's been sitting there foe a year).
How was I to know your boiler was in the loft and therefore moving controller upstairs would improve communication?:)

Are you saying that you have the same problem when you take the controller downstairs?

Did you replace both parts (receiver and controller) or just the controller?

Have you followed the instructions to test the two parts to check they communicate with each other? See page 41, section 11.2 onwards?

I replaced both parts and did the signal test which didn't respond at all!

How was I to know your boiler was in the loft and therefore moving controller upstairs would improve communication?:)

Are you saying that you have the same problem when you take the controller downstairs?

Did you replace both parts (receiver and controller) or just the controller?

Have you followed the instructions to test the two parts to check they communicate with each other? See page 41, section 11.2 onwards?

I replaced both parts and did the signal test which didn't get any response!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds as if there may be a fault in the boiler. I think you will have to wait for the engineer to come on Tuesday.

Hope it's not too cold where you live!

Ebus fault in the boiler most likely or simply the new one had been wired wrong by the diyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help with VRT360F problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or...
Replies
Views
I
Dear All, Please kindly advise, i don't know what else to do! Had new boiler Vaillant 424 heat only open vent boiler installed with new flue and...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hello. I wonder if someone can help. We have noticed 2 issues in our house over the last couple of weeks . We have a Glow Worm Ultracom 24cxi...
Replies
Views
I am generally a decent handyman, can usually make 2+2=4 and take care of most things to avoid troubling experts with just the basics, but know...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock