Search the forum,

Discuss heating won't swich off? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dml

Have a job where although the programmer is off the rads stay on, everything seems to be working including the boiler, could it just be a programmer replacement?

Check operation of motorised valve and replace the motor if required.

what type of boiler is it.some times boilers in a shed or out doors may have a frost stat.permanent live supply,activated depending on setting.

or are u saying that when u want hot water only ,the rads are heating also? if this s the case it may be a motorised valve letting water by for some reason.check the room stats-really depends on how the controlls are set up!!!!!

Check operation of motorised valve and replace the motor if required.

where does the motor come into it.
if the system is a y - s plan and the heating is still running and the valve is calling for heat where does the motor come into it ?

a motor only opens the valve not close it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sonray
Get over yourself!
What type of system is it then?
Could it not be the motorised valve then?
Just giving sugestions that might help with the limited informtion supplied.
Maybe it's the aquastop valve?
I thought that the aim of this site was to help people in need?
If you have nothing constructive to say to me, please don't bother.

DML
Please supply further informtion about the type of set up that you have. Thanks

If you have nothing constructive to say to me, please don't bother.

your suggesting the motor in the mot valve is at fault.

a motor only operates the valve to open not close.
if you remove power from programmer calling and any stat calling
then the valve will fall to its relaxed position by a spring not a motor.
or beheld in last position on a 3 port valve by the grey wire.

if the valve has no power to it and the valve is still calling for heat then the valve is stuck but not by the motor.

this will only happen on a zone valve not a 3 port valve.

as a zone valve always has a perm live on the grey.
a 3 port never has a perm live.
only live is from the white or the grey and its not perm.

so don't say my advice is not constructive
you need to understand how valves work first.

Thanks guys, he is more detail.

Even when the programmer is switched off and the room stat turned down the heating stays on with the rads red hot - I think it's the motorised valve but would like conformation.

Many thanks.

what valve is it a 3 port mid position or 2 port zone valve.
and name or model numbers on the lid.

Sonray
I am well aware of how a MV works, Have you never come accross a 2 port that sticks open then? This would cause the heating to stay on.

DML
Do you have 2 motorised valves? 1 for the heating and 1 for the hot water?

yep a 2 port will stick open due to spindle seizing or stiff.
a micro switch will stick aswell.

but none will be due to the motor.
the motor only plays a part if heat is called for.

(Check operation of motorised valve and replace the motor if required.)

but none will be due to the motor.
the motor only plays a part if heat is called for.

Sonray
The motor is unlikely to sieze when the valve is in the closed position as the motor is not powered. When in the open position the motor can sieze and if you had ever come across one you would know that when you remove the motor from the valve, the valve will spring back to the closed position. You will also know that the motor spindle will be impossible to turn by hand if you try to spin it from the small gear wheel on the end.
I'm not really interested by your unjust comments and wrong advice, keep it for your paying punters! I am trying to help this guy in solving the problem and will not reply to any further comments that you may make in relation to this thread. As I said, get over yourself and try to offer good advice to people in need on this site.

I'm not really interested by your unjust comments and wrong advice, keep it for your paying punters!

surpose you won't when your on a loosing battle.
I am trying to help this guy in solving the problem and will not reply to any further comments that you may make in relation to this thread.
As I said, get over yourself and try to offer good advice to people in need on this site.

your not helping no one just talking rubbish.

as for 20 yrs exxperience in what ? bluffing your way round.

you wasn't taught by bg was you ?

Thanks guys, the two port heating MV had seized in the open position, replaced to whole thing and all is good, thanks for your advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to heating won't swich off? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock