Search the forum,

Discuss Gravity fed C/H in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nilbymetric

I am just about to install a multifuel boiler stove to feed the central heating. I intend to utilize the existing 1" pipework from a recently removed back boiler that runs up to the hot water cylinder and TEE off for the rads with 1/1/4" down to 3/4" and finally 1/2". I could do with general diagram of a thermosyphoning circuit. Can anyone help?

hi mate are u trying to run up stairs and down stairs rad on gravity ? because the down stairs rads will not warm up if you are. the up stairs rads and cylinder will work fine if you set em out like Circulating Force in Gravity Heating Systems no rads will warm up below or same hight as the boiler tho on this system

this is the ideal set up you want Stove central heating - installing stove back boiler for central heating

hope this helps mate
Thanks crashndie; Boiler has two or four pipe option. I intent to use two as I already have the pipes from an old back boiler in situ which used to supply H/W plus two downstairs rds and a heated towel rail. Plumbing for one of the old rads is still there so I figured I would tee off behind the boiler and reconnect and tee off again for another rad which is close by. Upstairs I can tee off in 28m that just leaves two rads downstairs for which I can reduce to 3/4" for the last ten feet. I figured if I could take the hot in to top of rads and out at diagonal bottom it should work.

Link to stove central is a help.

Many thanks.

glad it helps mate, id be tempted to use the 4 pipe set up and pump the whole central heating system just to avoid any problems of non movement to the rads. the hot water can be run of gravity on the other 2 pipes on the boiler. this set up will also allow extra rads up and down to added to the system later on with out any probs :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gravity fed C/H in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock