Discuss Glowworm Ultimate 40ff in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nysk2008

Hi all,

Went to have at the above boiler which wasnt firing up. Basically fan not running, had 0v at fan connections at pcb, 0v at fan motor connections and continuity across wiring from pcb to fan so I am thinking pcb has died. The part number req is 900847 but I am finding a new style pcb online with 2 fuses? Will this fit? I think the new part number is s900847? If it will fit can anyone recommend a decent online supplier?

Cheers

from memory doesn't the board have a light sequence on it to assist fault finding

Hi Buckley, yes youre right, neon 1 did not light which may in fact be a pcb fuse issue (mains supply fine and tested) but the customer advised just to update board if the older ones had issues which I think they did?

As above, Maybe a faulty thermister, stat, or low pressure switch.

Not familiar with the type of boiler, but is it one where it checks the air pressure switch first, if so and the APS is faulty, it won't send a voltage to the fan.

If that's ok, then chances are it probably is the PCB.

I know on the micron that if you fit a new board it sometimes does not recognise the thermistor - glowworm advise fitting both .

Thats a good point didnt know they may check aps first so not sure if thats faulty then - damn!

Isn't the ultimate the one with 2 versions, a 7 wire and a 5 wire? Made that mistake a few times.

I would do as anz says and check common to NC on APS is 240v as if the boiler don't think APS is at rest it won't go any further. OH stat may also be a possibility.

Could always call tech as I would check as much as poss before ordering a board

There are 2 pcbs for the ultimate. Far more common is the twin fuse but they also do a single fuse. Fairly certain the aps could cause no power to fan also.
Every time I have had that fault it's been the pcb, quite a common fault with the ultimates but as others have said could be aps.

Yes, as has been said, there's 2 pcbs, they're not interchangeable. They are prone to failing. Usually they give you 2 neon lights then sit there doing nothing. I would check the fuse on the pcb. If it's blown the likely cause is the gas valve, especially if it has the blue cap on the front. Best way to check that is get some spare fuses. Unplug the gas valve, if it doesn't blow the fuse, there's your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Glowworm Ultimate 40ff in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, Would really appreciate some help please. Had this problem for a few weeks now and it is quite annoying and owing to the loudness I'm...
Replies
Views
hi there, Recently my boiler started making a loud buzzing noise. The noise is intermittent, and sometimes goes off if I turn on the central...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon. We have just finished our single storey extension and due to costs, I have done quite a lot of the work myself (GRP roof, kitchen...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am about to replace my ancient 8.5Kw Mira Elite shower which has finally died. The Mira is a tank fed pumped model with the water...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I’m hoping someone can help me with my plumbing issue. I have had a new kitchen installed and as part of that a new Vellamo double...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock