Search the forum,

Discuss Best way of wiring underfloor heating? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Good afternoon.
We have just finished our single storey extension and due to costs, I have done quite a lot of the work myself (GRP roof, kitchen fitting, joinery etc)
I also laid all of our underfloor heating pipes and connected to the UFH manifold having spent hours researching both online forums and youtube.
We're now at the point where the last part of the jigsaw is to actually commission the UFH and get the pump, actuators and thermostat and I am drawing a blank...

The system partially installed is a 2 port manifold which runs two loops covering 20 and 30 m2. one area is the kitchen and the other is the dining living room area. both areas are in the same overall area which is why we only have 1 thermostat.

My question is around the installation of the actuators, pump and thermostat. how should we be looking to wire it all up?
I didn't think we needed a control center as both loops should be controlled from 1 thermostat in the same area.
Our electrician is due back to finish some snags and will be doing the work however he was a bit flummoxed by it all...

For reference, our combi boiler is brand new and on the next wall to the manifold and that is ran by a wireless thermostat, could we wire the pump into the wireless stat receiver box and run it off the main CH system?

Any help and advice would be greatly received.

Attachments

• extension 2.jpg
    extension 2.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 23
  • extension1.jpg
    extension1.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 20
  • extension3.jpg
    extension3.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 26
Need to s plan the system

either depending on what you want ufh controller wise

you can twin channel programer eg existing radiators and ufh

or you can go for a programmable room stats for both

As above 2 zone valves each with its own room thermostat.
You need a room thermostat for the underfloor that has backset temperature . Normally backset to 4 c below day temperature.
Bring the underfloor up to temperature very slowly preferably over several days

If all the underfloor is one area, you don’t need actuators. Just the room stat and the 2port valve is enough to control it. Along with the blending valve and manual flow control valves which will be part of the manifold.

Thanks everyone for the replies. So in essence as a minimum I will need to have a 2 port valve fitted, open the decorator caps on the return and then use the blending valve to make sure the temp is right.
So my next question is who would be best suited to fit the 2 port valve, wire the pump and the stat? As i said the electrician on the job isnt too clued up so would i be best speaking to a heating engineer? thanks again.

Good afternoon.
We have just finished our single storey extension and due to costs, I have done quite a lot of the work myself (GRP roof, kitchen fitting, joinery etc)
I also laid all of our underfloor heating pipes and connected to the UFH manifold having spent hours researching both online forums and youtube.
We're now at the point where the last part of the jigsaw is to actually commission the UFH and get the pump, actuators and thermostat and I am drawing a blank...

The system partially installed is a 2 port manifold which runs two loops covering 20 and 30 m2. one area is the kitchen and the other is the dining living room area. both areas are in the same overall area which is why we only have 1 thermostat.

My question is around the installation of the actuators, pump and thermostat. how should we be looking to wire it all up?
I didn't think we needed a control center as both loops should be controlled from 1 thermostat in the same area.
Our electrician is due back to finish some snags and will be doing the work however he was a bit flummoxed by it all...

For reference, our combi boiler is brand new and on the next wall to the manifold and that is ran by a wireless thermostat, could we wire the pump into the wireless stat receiver box and run it off the main CH system?

Any help and advice would be greatly received.

Thanks everyone for the replies. So in essence as a minimum I will need to have a 2 port valve fitted, open the decorator caps on the return and then use the blending valve to make sure the temp is right.
So my next question is who would be best suited to fit the 2 port valve, wire the pump and the stat? As i said the electrician on the job isnt too clued up so would i be best speaking to a heating engineer? thanks again.
Hello

the 2 port valve wire the pump and the stat . this two port valve is design to make the heating zone being isolate to the motor this can control and regulate the flow of water

Attachments

• 2 port valve wiring.png
    2 port valve wiring.png
    412.6 KB · Views: 16

Reply to Best way of wiring underfloor heating? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock